FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Maximum Time in Transit at BKK; Lounge access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1935005-maximum-time-transit-bkk-lounge-access.html)

Disardo Oct 11, 2018 5:38 am

Maximum Time in Transit at BKK; Lounge access

Is there a maximum amount of time you can stay in transit at BKK? I have a friend who will be passing throught BKK on his way to LHR (19th November morning) and he suggested that we meet up and do the BKK to LHR together. I dont mind waiting 36hrs but wonder if it would be possible. What are the rules for Lounges and would I be able to use them for the 17th (afternoon and evening) and 18th (all day)?

Regards

Disardo

Flyingbiker Oct 11, 2018 1:11 pm

I do not think they will check your bags through for a transit of over 24 hours so you would have to clear immigration, then re-check in. Check in does not open until 12 hours prior to a flight ( could be less ). I don't think the lounges at BKK have any rule but they do close overnight. Why would you even bother though? The lounge are OK but 36 hours???

Thai-Kiwi Oct 11, 2018 2:36 pm

I agree with Flyingbiker - better to spend 24 hours in downtown Bangkok, and meet up in transit when your friends arrives. Lounges are closed 0200-0500 or something like that.

BinSabai Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm

most have been said by Flyingbiker and Thai-Kiwi
as addition: if you fly Business or F, you can come back early the other morning and check in many hours ahead of your flight and stay all day in the lounge. if you fly Y, you can check in 3 hours ahead officially, but they might check you in also a bit earlier, but not 12 Hours+ ahead

Disardo Oct 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi

Slight change.

14 November at 10.05 - SGN to BKK Business J
16th November at 00.15 - BKK to LHR First P

OR

14 November at 20.10 - SGN to BKK Business D
16th November at 00.15 - BKK to LHR First A

Obviously I would not stay sat in transit as would book the night in the transit hotel. I would have no check in baggage. My passport has no empty pages but room for stamps ONLY so passing immigration is not really an option and I do not even want to consider that option (so no suggestions please). I do not understand the meaning of J, P, D, or A

I have a feeling that the 2nd option may be better.

Thanks in advance

D

BinSabai Oct 12, 2018 1:46 am

having no luggage to check through will change the situation and you can stay in transit. you probably can not get the second boarding pass at check in so have a print out of your itinerary ready to show at transit security
F lounge closes at 0100 and Business at 0200 (EVA some days until 0300); Miracle lounges are 24 Hours open and they also have beds. F loung has simple sleeping rooms as well
slightly different booking classes (A or P, J or D) do not have any influence on your arrangements and lounge accesses