Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok streetfood for TG F passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Bangkok streetfood for TG F passengers

now what do our fellow TG F passengers to this food Outlook?

From BK Magazine:

Jay Fai now Cooks for First Class Thai Airways Passengers
From cooking on the streets to serving the elites, Auntie Fai of Jay Fai and Michelin crab omelet fame has created a new menu for Thai Airways' first and business class passengers.

In an announcement this week, Ekniti Nitithanprapas, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), said Jay Fai's carefully selected in-flight menu would be served on all flights for Royal Silk Class and Royal First Class Passengers.

A statement posted to Facebook reads, "Jay Fai selected the most suitable inflight menu and best quality ingredients, with special attention to every detail in meal production. Suitability for each flight as well as flavor and ingredients for all passengers were taken under consideration. Local raw ingredients, such as spices, vegetables, seasonal fruits were used in the special inflight menu in support of the Government policy on agriculture."

No specifics were given about dishes or the time-period of availability. But given the current queues for her restaurant over on Mahachai Road, we're thinking a long-haul flight is possibly the quickest way to try that signature omelet or rad na.

https://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants...ays-passengers
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

YouTube Video of her cooking

Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Will be interesting to see when and how this turns out to be! It is good to see that TG has gone with local talent as opposed to some international 'celebrity' chef.
Beltway2A and Flyingbiker like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Yum!!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Good choice
Paella747 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Went to BKK to try her food, once we arrived at her restaurant we noticed it was closed
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

as I am really not so much into omelet with crab meat or Rad Na, I wonder what else she has to offer?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
In my opinion referring to something cooked in a restaurant as "street food" is the height of pretension. At best it's street food style. I certainly wouldn't want it served to me in F
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTWFF
In my opinion referring to something cooked in a restaurant as "street food" is the height of pretension. At best it's street food style. I certainly wouldn't want it served to me in F
actually she started with a street stall and then opened a simple restaurant a couple of years ago
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
IMHO this is a bad joke. Comparing ANYTHING served on an airplane (with the possible exception of ones who have a chef onboard - but still without a super hot wok) with food freshly cooked in a red hot wok with fresh ingredients added is insane.
No matter how great her food is in her own place (never went b/c wait too long and thai friends said it wasn't "all that") taking a local cook and asking therm advice on food mass produced, stored, and reheated isn't the best idea!
That said - the Thai special dinners I've pre-ordered were very good - but they were things that travel and reheat well - curries, etc.
RTWFF and Transpacificflyer like this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
We tried her crab omelette and noodles a few year ago before the long waits and eye watering prices and it was excellent then. Good on Thai for trying something local and a little out of the ordinary. Not sure how it will translate to 30K feet up but well worth a try.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
We tried her crab omelette and noodles a few year ago before the long waits and eye watering prices and it was excellent then. Good on Thai for trying something local and a little out of the ordinary. Not sure how it will translate to 30K feet up but well worth a try.
But Thai already HAS local and out of the ordinary Thai food on their special first class menu (order in advance, but not so easy to find when I last booked - it took more effort to find than other airlines). 3 or 4 multicourse menus of REAL thai food! I always look forward to that choice (unless it has become unavailable since my last trip)
RTWFF likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

actually i would prefer to get some menu from Bo Lan, Issaya or Le Du etc. on TG F, the real culinary Highlights of Thai Food in Bangkok
RTWFF and Flyingbiker like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Originally Posted by estnet
But Thai already HAS local and out of the ordinary Thai food on their special first class menu (order in advance, but not so easy to find when I last booked - it took more effort to find than other airlines). 3 or 4 multicourse menus of REAL thai food! I always look forward to that choice (unless it has become unavailable since my last trip)
Yes, we've tried that a few times, very tasty. I think it has been on the menu for around 5 years now, time for a bit of a change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.