Merging of pnr

Old Oct 3, 18, 8:37 am
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: VA,GA, SQ, IHG, HH, Europcar
Merging of pnr

Just booked a Singapore Airlines Reward SYD SIN BKK all J with the SIN BKK leg in Thai, I have also purchased a separate fare BKK HKT on TG in J.

The SIN BKK leg gets into BKK at 0930 and then onto HKT at 1400.

Plenty of time to process thru the airport and re check in.

What are the chances of getting TG or SQ to merge the two PNR - or should I not just bother.

Also when I made the reservation I was not able to select a seat - any advice on this - I know its only a 90 min flight but a window would be awesome
Old Oct 3, 18, 10:56 am

Programs: United GS, SPG & Marriott Platinum
Zero chance of merging.

You wouldn't be able to even if the two tickets are on the same stock, let alone issued by two different airlines.
Old Oct 3, 18, 2:12 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
During the check-in process, it is possible in Amadeus Altea (airport version) to "merge" the "Customer Records" into one. This usually happens when they input information for your next flight.

Both SQ and TG uses Amadeus Altea.

Note that even though things are "merged" on the airport side of things, the PNRs will still remain separate.
adampenrith likes this.
Old Oct 3, 18, 4:18 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
THAI doesn't allow advance seat selection for domestic flights (except those very few that have an international flight number).
You can select seat 24 hours prior to departure - which for you would be on arrival in BKK. Seat selection may be limited by then since you only have 4 hours before departure.

For the SIN-BKK flight, ask SQ for TG's PNR, you should then be able to pull up the reservation and select seats. You need to scroll down the Manage My Booking page to 'Additional Services' - and follow the various options until seat select is shown - a bit buried.....
Old Oct 3, 18, 7:21 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thai-Kiwi is spot on, seat selection on TG domestic is only possible from 24 Hours prior to the flight even for their own premium passengers
TG does a seat assignment according to status (premium passengers in front or in F seats on the 747); is the flight pretty full, you have hardly any alternative to choose from your preassigned seat. You can do the seat selection with OLCI either in SYD or SIN, depending on your schedule
Old Oct 5, 18, 2:21 am
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: VA,GA, SQ, IHG, HH, Europcar
Check in maybe

So the professional check in staff at SQ in SYD should be able to check me all the way to HKT , and allocate my 3 boarding passes.

that works for me
Old Oct 5, 18, 2:31 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by adampenrith View Post
So the professional check in staff at SQ in SYD should be able to check me all the way to HKT , and allocate my 3 boarding passes.

that works for me
1. they can only issue boarding pass for BKK HKT if they can allocate a seat and that is only possible if you check in SYD not earlier than 24 hours before the flight to HKT departs from BKK (we do not know your schedule)
2. SQ does not have the reputation to be so flexible to issue boarding pass/check through luggage for different tickets from other partner Airlines. My experience was also negative, but it was a couple of years ago. Hope for you that things have changed in the meanwhile
let us know and Feedback how it went!
Old Oct 5, 18, 2:37 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
As others mentioned, TG auto-allocates seats for domestic flights based on status, travelling parties, etc. so likely you do not have much choice on the domestic leg. In case SQ in SYD cannot issue your BP, the TG lounge/transfer desk in SIN should be able to.
Old Oct 5, 18, 9:32 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by adampenrith View Post

that works for me
Not quite sure how you reached that conclusion!

You can do OLCI for BKK-HKT yourself 24 hours prior, as I assume you’ll be in Sydney. SQ staff have no obligation to assist given these are separate tickets - they may do so, but dont be upset if they dont.
BinSabai likes this.