Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to waitlist for a biz award sector to be released?

Old Sep 26, 18, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold

I asked the local THAI office what happens if, on a multi-sector biz award, one sector has only economy available. I know that full biz mileage will be required in any a case.

My questions were, and my interpretation of the answers are:

Question: Is it possible for an economy award sector to be changed to biz once the-tix is issued?
Answer: No

Question: Is wait listing possible in such a situation? If so, is there a prioritisation?
Answer: Wait listing is possible, but only for a period of time until the e-tix must be issued, then it is locked.

Question: If the economy sector is the first sector, but the others are all in business, does business class baggage allowance apply when checking in for the first sector?
Answer: No, economy class baggage limit would apply outbound

Text of the email:

Dear Mr Thai-Kiwi

Many thanks for your email.

If we cannot get 'I' business class on a particular sector, and passenger accepts 'X' economy class, we need to subtract business class points and charge business class taxes [for entire journey].

However, we will try to clear the waitlist but sometimes this is not possible, and we have to ticket as the system will cancel the total booking if the e-ticket is not issued within a certain time frame . The baggage allowance is economy class on the 'X' sector. Once ticketed the e-ticket cannot be changed.

This is a good reason to plan well ahead as award travel on all airlines is limited.

Have a nice evening.
Old Sep 27, 18, 3:14 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
it's advisable sometimes to waitlist for award ticket for some time. I was successful recently...
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 2, 19, 4:42 am
kkl

Iím assuming you would need to call for waitlist?
What kind of timeline for ticketing ?

as I know TG releases a heap of seats 30 days out
Old Jan 2, 19, 5:56 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kkl View Post
Iím assuming you would need to call for waitlist?
What kind of timeline for ticketing ?

as I know TG releases a heap of seats 30 days out
yes you need to call or email
mine opened quite some time ahead after I followed up and pushed through Platinum desk

Search this Thread