Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

What Routes wil Have 747s Thru 2019 & When Will They Be Gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Routes wil Have 747s Thru 2019 & When Will They Be Gone?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Basic economy, economy, premium economy, business !
Basic Economy is a "Fare" Class, not Cabin Class, so that doesn't count

Originally Posted by BinSabai
you forgot standing class...will come soon
I hope it'll never come to pass!
I doubt the FAA will ever approve it anyway - thank god
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kittiyut
I hope it'll never come to pass!
I doubt the FAA will ever approve it anyway - thank god
i could imagine Standing class for Asian or European regional flights...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
So, in the future, are there any plans for twin engined three-class aircraft? I hope so. It seems inefficient to have all of the F ground service set up at BKK for only the A380 flights.
They would be able to use the F lounges for other *A carriers plus high status TG pax, I suppose, or contract with carriers. I am not sure that having F cabins available for *A redeemers and TIPs is enough to have them lose a bunch of J seating in order to have A350s/B787s with F cabins (plus it makes the fleet less flexible in operations if some planes in a type have F and some don't- can't swap in planes without possibly handing out a bunch of compensation for losing an F cabin). Those two factors (F doesn't sell as well as J and operational inflexibility) are probably more inefficient than staffing a lounge. LH, CX, UA, EK and QF have been dropping F cabins from their planes and routes (some carriers like UA entirely)... I don't see why TG would be immune to the trend of withdrawing F from routes as lie-flat J becomes more common.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
They would be able to use the F lounges for other *A carriers plus high status TG pax, I suppose, or contract with carriers. I am not sure that having F cabins available for *A redeemers and TIPs is enough to have them lose a bunch of J seating in order to have A350s/B787s with F cabins (plus it makes the fleet less flexible in operations if some planes in a type have F and some don't- can't swap in planes without possibly handing out a bunch of compensation for losing an F cabin). Those two factors (F doesn't sell as well as J and operational inflexibility) are probably more inefficient than staffing a lounge. LH, CX, UA, EK and QF have been dropping F cabins from their planes and routes (some carriers like UA entirely)... I don't see why TG would be immune to the trend of withdrawing F from routes as lie-flat J becomes more common.
unfortunately for us who like to indulge from time to time in F, your comments are spot on. We need to make a detour now and therefore also pay more to enjoy F
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
unfortunately for us who like to indulge from time to time in F, your comments are spot on. We need to make a detour now and therefore also pay more to enjoy F
Indeed, spot on and unfortunately the case.

The upside is that I will save money with more routes being operated with two class aircraft. And perhaps save even more money since absent an F cabin on TG, my preference for TG over other airlines is less strong if others offer a similar J product at a lower fare.

BinSabai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.