Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Award J flight with one sector in Y - waitlist to J possible?

Old Sep 12, 18, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold

Hi, planning for next year for a business class award AKL-BKK-Europe in Mid-Sep 2019. I cannot book until Jan 2019 as I need to wait for ROP Gold to renew, anticipating the 50% mileage deal for Gold/Plat. The 3 months delay will, of course, mean fewer award seats likely to be available when I go looking. For context, I will buy a K economy fare and use my GUP for all sectors, and the award is for Mrs TK to match the same journey. I have some complicated backup plans - which all involve her in Y and me in J...

The critical legs for award availability will probably be AKL-BKK and BKK-AKL (presently1 flight a day), and it seems a likely scenario would be that I could only get Y on one of those legs.

Assuming that I can actually get an award in J (4 sector journey), which has 1 sector in Y, does anybody have any experience in similar situations? Specifically, waitlisting for a J award seat to be released for the sector in Y?
Old Sep 13, 18, 9:51 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
you will be able to make any reservation not earlier than 11,5 months before respective flight sector....regardless if in a sub-class for reward tickets or in a regular sub-class for payed tickets..
Old Sep 13, 18, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit View Post
you will be able to make any reservation not earlier than 11,5 months before respective flight sector....regardless if in a sub-class for reward tickets or in a regular sub-class for payed tickets..
Thanks, this I know. My limitation is that I cannot do so before my ROP Gold renews on 01 Jan, which will bring a 50% award redemption again I hope.

My question is about the possibility of having a Y sector as a part of a J award booking, and could this sector be waitlisted for J (ie into ‘I’ class). Thanks.

Search this Thread