Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter 18 Schedule Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:18 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Just cancelled 3x LHR-SYD due to these changes as the alternative offered is no use for getting there and starting work and the alternative is a 'dead' day beforehand. The beneficiary has been SIA and of course I had to take a deep breath before paying their fares which are much higher but then you get what you pay for and they will get me there as planned!
RTWFF likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Just cancelled 3x LHR-SYD due to these changes as the alternative offered is no use for getting there and starting work and the alternative is a 'dead' day beforehand. The beneficiary has been SIA and of course I had to take a deep breath before paying their fares which are much higher but then you get what you pay for and they will get me there as planned!
just out of interest, how much more did you have to pay for SIA in comparison to TG? which class?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Business, about £1.5K per return journey.

At least there's a decent seat between SIN-SYD though.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:28 pm

I have been checking and for my regular travel between BNE and BKK Singapore Airlines are $400 cheaper for a return business class ticket (their discount fares which are readily available) and they have 4 flights a day between BNE and SIN, 3 of which are on the A350. Obviously the difference is a short layover in SIN, but that is only 50 mins on the schedule I looked at and not a major inconvenience. It is certainly better than not having a flight at all which is Thai’s plan.

RTWFF likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Main Wheel
I have been checking and for my regular travel between BNE and BKK Singapore Airlines are $400 cheaper for a return business class ticket (their discount fares which are readily available) and they have 4 flights a day between BNE and SIN, 3 of which are on the A350. Obviously the difference is a short layover in SIN, but that is only 50 mins on the schedule I looked at and not a major inconvenience. It is certainly better than not having a flight at all which is Thai’s plan.
50 min is quite tight even in SIN and both flights on SQ; if the flight is just slightly delayed, you will miss the connection
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
50 min is quite tight even in SIN and both flights on SQ; if the flight is just slightly delayed, you will miss the connection
I've had a couple of 50 minutes connections; the biggest problem is that flights from Australia usually arrive at T3 and flights to Bangkok depart from T2. However there are always SQ staff around on disembarkation from Australia
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by BinSabai
This is Singapore Airlines in Singapore, they connect you. My record was once twelve minutes on a late inbound from AKL to an in time departure to LHR. They moved me from C to F in the last 30 minutes, a cart was waiting at the top of the jetty and I was driven straight to the next gate. There was no delay at any point. I can't say I enjoyed it, I was looking forward to a shower and a bit of a walk.

And of course because it was Singapore Airlines my bag made the connection too!
RTWFF likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete
This is Singapore Airlines in Singapore, they connect you. My record was once twelve minutes on a late inbound from AKL to an in time departure to LHR. They moved me from C to F in the last 30 minutes, a cart was waiting at the top of the jetty and I was driven straight to the next gate. There was no delay at any point. I can't say I enjoyed it, I was looking forward to a shower and a bit of a walk.
And of course because it was Singapore Airlines my bag made the connection too!
had a similar experience on UA in NRT some years ago from BKK to ORD. 3 minutes from plane to plane without security and the bag made it as well...
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RTWFF
All of the Thais I know in Sydney (my partner is Thai) fly Emirates as their first choice. IMHO the writing has been on the wall ever since TG withdrew their announced A380 service to Sydney several years ago
Personally, I try to avoid that EK SYD-BKK flight as I don't really like that flight timing (getting in BKK at 2am?), Also I had a weird experience once in business class where I asked for my seat to be turned down; only to have some items thrown at me and asked to do it myself. That said, I am booked in this flight next month purely because of work timing meant I had a full day at work in SYD before flying out on the EK service.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Personally, I try to avoid that EK SYD-BKK flight as I don't really like that flight timing (getting in BKK at 2am?), Also I had a weird experience once in business class where I asked for my seat to be turned down; only to have some items thrown at me and asked to do it myself. That said, I am booked in this flight next month purely because of work timing meant I had a full day at work in SYD before flying out on the EK service.
Fortunately (?) I'm beginning to look my years and the hosties take pity on me
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Sad to see the TG A330 replaced by a WE A320 on the HKG-HKT route. WE also taks over a BKK-HKG rotation.
TG had decent J fares with a good product to HKT and they will lose quite a few HK-based customers who were choosing TG J over the two KA flights (and the two LCC flights).
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:22 am

It seems that Thai has given up on Europe-Australia. A few years back they had competitive fares and reasonably good connections. I got one of their F tickets at least once a year. 2 or 3 years back their ticket prices increased significantly to a point where even SQ most of the time was cheaper. Most people I know who do that route on a regular basis in premium classes switched to the ME3.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:57 pm

Once again Thai has swapped out the 787 for a very ordinary angle flat 777-200 on my BKK BNE flight soon. This will be the 2nd time in the last few weeks this has happened to me and seems to be about 50% of the time now. If it was lie flat it would make no difference but that just about does it for me with Thai. I have 2 more trips booked and paid for and after that I will start flying with SIA until they return to some semblance of stability on this route.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:00 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Main Wheel
Once again Thai has swapped out the 787 for a very ordinary angle flat 777-200 on my BKK BNE flight soon. This will be the 2nd time in the last few weeks this has happened to me and seems to be about 50% of the time now. If it was lie flat it would make no difference but that just about does it for me with Thai. I have 2 more trips booked and paid for and after that I will start flying with SIA until they return to some semblance of stability on this route.
Happening on PER route too
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:32 am
kkl

TG670 to CTS now a 747?

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-11oct18/

more changes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.