Wiki Posts
Search

Winter 18 Schedule Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Winter 18 Schedule Changes

Lots of winter schedule changes. My MEL-BKK flight is zeroed out!

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-03sep18/

Bunch of the SYD flights (TG 471/472) getting axed, some BNE too, lots of other changes too. Overall looks like a big loss of capacity in Australia.

From the news:
Bangkok – Munich eff 28OCT18 777-300ER replaces 747-400, 1 daily (This marks the end of Thai’s 747 service to Europe)

Last edited by Taoyuan; Sep 3, 2018 at 2:52 am
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Well, that is quite a lot to (in-)digest....
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:06 am
kkl

looks like F being axed from KIX
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
I couldn't see any reductions to Sydney and to Brisbane - only since today, 4.Sep they are showing them, too..

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Sep 4, 2018 at 2:02 am
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Need to double check once I am on a computer, but if I read OMAAT right, I got lucky on my BKK-MEL legs in December - missed the cancelled frequencies by one day!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Any idea how long it will take them to rebook affected passengers? I had a route axed by Asiana on this same ticket and it took them about a week from zeroing out to actually getting us off the flight.

EDIT: Rebooked automatically now, although the connection time is -12 hours so have to call anyways. Oh well.

Last edited by Taoyuan; Sep 3, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I cant see so many reductions to Sydney and to Brisbane
It looks as if the maitain 11 flights to Sydney and daily flights to Brisbane (but without same timings: 4 times leaving BKK at midnight while another 3 weekly flights start at 9am)
BNE flights being dialed back to 4 days a week; SYD remains a 747 but only one daily - morning departure from Sydney and evening departure from Bangkok. Afternoon from SYD and morning from BKK have been canned. PER loses 787, replaced with A330

https://www.ausbt.com.au/thai-airway...isbane-flights
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I'm on BKK-SYD in F next week. I'm glad I made the cut! Hoping nothing else changes.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the press release seems to be pretty lousy given the different interpretations in this thread…
when will we have clarity?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:14 am

That’s quite a reduction to Australia. If this becomes the norm, SIA PPS here I come!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:24 am
kkl

Seems like 787 back on PER route after 1st April?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Main Wheel
That’s quite a reduction to Australia. If this becomes the norm, SIA PPS here I come!
Thai lost a strong Australia supporter in its management team - one-two years ago, they had an Australian advisor in their senior sales and marketing team with a strong proven airline background in Bangkok who was very pushing and supporting Australian routes very strongly. But meanwhile he has retired.

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Sep 25, 2018 at 2:57 am
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
Thai lost a strong Australia supporter in its management team - one-two years ago, they had an Australian advisor in its senior sales and marketing team with a strong proven airline background in Bangkok who was very pushing and supporting Austrian routes very strongly. But meanwhile he has retired.
I thought he did not last long and his influence was minimal...
you said he was from Australia and he supported Austrian routes… so maybe the new flight to Vienna/Austria is his legacy?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Main Wheel
It's quite evident that TG with its clapped out 747s is feeling the strain on the Sydney route. Emirates A380 flies daily - a much bigger and altogether better aircraft. Every time Emirates had a seat sale to Bangkok, TG matched it (SQ didn't so much). I was surprised to see TG's seat sale match with Emirates was immediately followed by an "end-of-financial-year" sale this year. All of the Thais I know in Sydney (my partner is Thai) fly Emirates as their first choice. IMHO the writing has been on the wall ever since TG withdrew their announced A380 service to Sydney several years ago
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I thought he did not last long and his influence was minimal...
you said he was from Australia and he supported Austrian routes… so maybe the new flight to Vienna/Austria is his legacy?
upps

I wrongly wrote "Austrian routes", but I meant: "Australian routes"
Sorry for that - have corrected my post

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Sep 25, 2018 at 2:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.