FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1924878-bkk-suvarnabhumi-airport-fast-track-immigration.html)

newshound Aug 13, 2018 4:30 am

BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration

Since the reorganisation of immigration with the new Chinese passports only lanes it appears the TG fast track lane to the left of the immigration area opposite gate D4 has disappeared.

As usual, no information in flight about fast track for J passengers so I'm wondering if anyone else has found out what the correct procedure is now.

stargold Aug 13, 2018 4:37 am

I passed through two weeks ago, unless what you are describing is a more recent change.

It was still operating as published, but it was very easy to miss. On the left hand side of the corridor, you need to go in the very narrow space between the permanent barrier and the first tensa barrier, which leads to the Fast Track counters on the far left where the immigration officer will scan your BP to note eligibility.

newshound Aug 13, 2018 5:02 am

It's changed since they've implemented the new Chinese only lanes. I used to use the area on the left you are describing but that has been totally removed. I wandered over to the diplomat area on the right (no signage for TG J but they processed me anyway). I figure there has to be a formal area now but no idea where.

The departure fast track is wonderful but TG have always been terrible at communicating inbound fast track facilities. Actually led me to book 2 X SQ J tix so I don't have to faff around on arrival and they were marginally cheaper anyway.

Kacee Aug 13, 2018 8:02 am

Originally Posted by newshound (Post 30076517)
The departure fast track is wonderful but TG have always been terrible at communicating inbound fast track facilities. Actually led me to book 2 X SQ J tix so I don't have to faff around on arrival and they were marginally cheaper anyway.

Should also allow you to avoid the arrival at a remote stand and bus to terminal, which I had on my last TG flight from HKG.

thbe Aug 14, 2018 2:56 pm

I've used the fast track lane last Friday, located as described by stargold. Three counters were open, no other traveller there (was the fastest of my flight).

I didn't have to show my boarding pass. The immigration officer believed me, that I was a TG C passenger.

BinSabai Aug 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 30082803)
I've used the fast track lane last Friday, located as described by stargold. Three counters were open, no other traveller there (was the fastest of my flight).
I didn't have to show my boarding pass. The immigration officer believed me, that I was a TG C passenger.

The OP posted this Monday...2 days ago
so wonder if someone can update from this week

newshound Aug 14, 2018 7:46 pm

I'll be flying in this afternoon with SQ, if it's not too out of my way I will have another sniff around the immigration area opposite D4 where the TG fast track should be.

Thai-Kiwi Aug 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by newshound (Post 30083599)
I'll be flying in this afternoon with SQ, if it's not too out of my way I will have another sniff around the immigration area opposite D4 where the TG fast track should be.

newshound=bloodhound!?

For the new reader, it used to be:

THAI J, Diplomatic, APEC fast track arrival: Eastern Arrivals Hall opposite gate D4, far left side
Biz pax with brown priority pass holders from some airlines: between East/West Arrivals halls opposite gate D5
Diplomatic, APEC fast track arrival: Western Arrivals Hall, opposite gate D6, far right side (iirc)

No Star Gold fast track arrival at BKK.

RTWFF Aug 15, 2018 12:53 am

I have read a post on another Thai forum that Bangkok Fast Track has announced that Immigration is no longer facilitating paid Fast Track entry. Anyone have any ideas?

Kacee Aug 15, 2018 1:40 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 30084247)
I have read a post on another Thai forum that Bangkok Fast Track has announced that Immigration is no longer facilitating paid Fast Track entry. Anyone have any ideas?

Bangkok Flight Services

BinSabai Aug 15, 2018 3:27 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 30084247)

some agents do not offer this anymore and some still do...
guess we will soon see a price increase:D

newshound Aug 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Had a very quick look last night at the immigration area opposite D6/D7 and couldn't see any TG fast track signs but it was a quick glance as I was heading to the priority fast track lane in between the two immigration areas having just flown SQ J (off topic but their new 787 biz class is amazing!)

Further to other comments above I contacted Bangkok Flight Services about their fast track services and they mentioned that they could no longer assist non biz class passengers through immigration. Their fee if you are a biz class passenger and need a helping hand is 700 baht. I saw the Thai Longstay reps assisting passangers through priority immigration last night so as BinSabai mentioned, it is a bit hit and miss right now. One thing's for sure, I'm extremely tempted to switch my travel from TG to SQ on the BKK-SIN route if I can guarantee I am on their 787 each time.

BinSabai Aug 15, 2018 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by newshound (Post 30087893)
Had a very quick look last night at the immigration area opposite D6/D7 and couldn't see any TG fast track signs but it was a quick glance as I was heading to the priority fast track lane in between the two immigration areas having just flown SQ J (off topic but their new 787 biz class is amazing!)

thanks for your update
however in the arrival hall west opposite gate D6 was NEVER any fast track of TG
the fast track of TG was always in the arrival hall east opposite gate D4, recently on the left side and in the past on the right side when you enter the hall

so we would still need an actual update (anybody?)

dsquared37 Aug 17, 2018 7:11 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30088026)

so we would still need an actual update (anybody?)

I'll be entering on Sunday mid-day and will have a look (if i remember).

dsquared37 Aug 22, 2018 8:19 am

The TG fasttrack lanes are still available in the East Entry Hall on the left side.