Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Plenty of discussion around here if you search - general rule now is that fast track is only available for business and first class and will be enforced. This in general is a great enhancement of the service but I can see that in cases like yours where J class is not an option, it is not ideal - but then again, it is for J and F so..
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Does anyone know or recommend a good provider of this service? The BFS website will apparently not sell this service if Economy Class tickets, which is very strange. My flight is a one class, PG flight, and this “rule” seems to defeat the purpose of selling the service to begin with. If one has a premium ticket, the service is almost always included, and therefore would not need to be purchased separately.
There is a link to a service here Post 30 which claims to provide economy fast track.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Plenty of discussion around here if you search - general rule now is that fast track is only available for business and first class and will be enforced. This in general is a great enhancement of the service but I can see that in cases like yours where J class is not an option, it is not ideal - but then again, it is for J and F so..
still available for economy class passenger but not from Major providers; one has to search a bit...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
They are now taking the fast track passes off everyone at the entrance to the departing fast track lanes, constantly evolving BKK, the Monks in front of me had no such issues..... fancy dress anyone ?
paolo64 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by chris63
They are now taking the fast track passes off everyone at the entrance to the departing fast track lanes, constantly evolving BKK, the Monks in front of me had no such issues..... fancy dress anyone ?
another way to get into the fask track is having baby or todlers
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:53 am

I’ve been waved into the infirm/seniors/decrepit lane twice in the past month. Normally I would bridle at the suggestion but at BKK it’s a pleasure , and particularly so to be able saunter off into the night leaving hundreds of sweaty and disgruntled millennials in my wake. But I felt their pain, truthfully.
chris63 and BinSabai like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lingua101
another way to get into the fask track is having baby or todlers
That’s going to cost way more than a visit to a fancy dress shop
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
still available for economy class passenger but not from Major providers; one has to search a bit...
Of course. This is Thailand, and everything will continue to be available at the right price if one knows where to look. The business would completely dry up if they did not sell to Y pax, as virtually all J/F pax already have it included in their tickets and therefore do not need to purchase it.

Monks are treated with deference in Thailand, and are given priority treatment at airports. They are often upgraded to J or Thai Smile Plus if space is available, as well.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Of course. This is Thailand, and everything will continue to be available at the right price if one knows where to look. The business would completely dry up if they did not sell to Y pax, as virtually all J/F pax already have it included in their tickets and therefore do not need to purchase it.
Well, it is not like the AOT give the vouchers for free to airlines. They get paid by voucher which is why they have the voucher system in the first place.
Potentially the appetite for change has come about because airlines have complained about the value for money when they let every man and his dog through Fast Track, and thus putting economic pressure on the AOT to change it.. I would hope that is the case anyway.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

That’s going to cost way more than a visit to a fancy dress shop
are you suggesting to dress up as monk? Be careful of that, it may an offence.

what I tried to say may be offer help to some Mother travelling alone with kids
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Well, it is not like the AOT give the vouchers for free to airlines. They get paid by voucher which is why they have the voucher system in the first place.
Potentially the appetite for change has come about because airlines have complained about the value for money when they let every man and his dog through Fast Track, and thus putting economic pressure on the AOT to change it.. I would hope that is the case anyway.
So, the answer is to make it more exclusive by selling it at a price that gets rid of the bottom feeders, but still provides the service for people booking through the correct channels. It is often sold by hotels for a substantial premium on top of hotel car transfers, and that certainly will continue to be the case.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:12 pm

I am pretty sure that chris63 meant his post as a joke

That is just creepy! - approaching a single woman travelling with an infant, who would (at least by the old admission requirements) have access to Fast Track by herself to beg for her to take you through?

(And btw, it is not like everyone with children of all ages get access...)
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by paolo64
I’ve been waved into the infirm/seniors/decrepit lane twice in the past month.
Arrivals or Departures? Where is that lane exactly (asking for a friend )?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No of course not it was a joke
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
"You'd look good in orange" has a completely different meaning here in the states . . . .
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.