Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've got a couple of the purple ones hanging out somewhere aside a stack of the brown ones. They should all have airline stamps, as this validates the vouchers, but the rest of the info was left blank entirely almost 100% of the time. And with the new voucher my limited experience is showing the same.
the purple ones of TG did not need any stamps nor were there fields to fill out
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
the purple ones of TG did not need any stamps nor were there fields to fill out
They said TG on them so there's that, but you're correct, they were reusable in that regard with no other markings. The brown cards had all the fields but they were rarely filled and only once was I requested (demanded) to have the info filled in. Otherwise they were good any time and i even used a PG one on a TG Y ticket (which should never have been allowed). There was a time where I preferentially used older cards with info already filled in just to get rid of them and gave them out to friends and family as necessary. I've probably got 60+ of these old cards ready for the next campfire.

There appears to be a push by AoT to limit access to fast track at this point with airlines handing them out less and companies denying them for Y pax. Like every other policy this one will break down in time for one reason, money; there's more to be made when eligibility isn't limited.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by tg911
Had a look at a few websites that offered fast track in the past yesterday only found one company offering service for Y. All the rest clearly stated only First and Business class passengers allowed.
Would you mind sharing which company you found willing to offer the service please either here or via DM. Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thbe
No, of course I'm not talking about any kind of illegal actions.

You can compare it, if you use the fast track at BKK without any voucher, but being confident, well dressed and not being suspicious based on racial profiling. Nothing illegal about it, if they let you pass through that way.
But why would you do that? Didn't your mother teach you honesty is the best policy?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Mama
But why would you do that? Didn't your mother teach you honesty is the best policy?
Well, didn't your mother told you to know the facts before judging someone?

I was used to take the premium lane with a voucher (LH; LX, OS, EY). Then I tried some flights with TG. On my first flight with TG I've asked for a voucher for the premium lane. The FA didn't know and asked the purser- He told me, I need nothing but my boarding pass. He didn't told me, that there are other lanes for TG business. So I went on taking the premium lane without voucher - and without any problems. It was my third or fourth time using the premium lane as TG business, when the officer at the premium lane told me, that they have a lane for TG business and that I'm not entitled to use the premium lane. Of course he let me pass that time as well. Since I know that, I use the fast track for TG business when flying TG business.

With that facts given, do you still see any issues about me not being honest?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:23 pm

I think, a lot of us, who travel often, know ways to come from landside to airside without passing a real security check and even without ticket. BKK belongs to the airport, where it is easier to do that,

At least the regular security check at BKK works well. I.e. at some ME airports even that is more a kind of voluntary thing.
Your subsequent backup statements to this original one make no sense.

In what way can you get from landslide to airside without a ticket or real security check at any RPT airport, anywhere? I travel a lot as you say and it simply cannot be done!

A very strange post indeed.

BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:14 am

just passed TG fast track again this morning. Signboard is now totally hidden; you hardly see it when you walk from gates into the Arrival Hall East.
Watch out for the column is the right advise
is this intentionally hidden or just lousy implemented...one can only guess.
Was alone at this fast track and only 2 counters open
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Main Wheel

Your subsequent backup statements to this original one make no sense.

In what way can you get from landslide to airside without a ticket or real security check at any RPT airport, anywhere? I travel a lot as you say and it simply cannot be done!

A very strange post indeed.
Some self-assumed highly experienced BKK travellers recognize, that they are less experienced as they‘ve thought. That is the whole story and nothing strange about it.

I won’t tell you the way how to do it at BKK here, because it is repeatable easily. And it is nothing illegal about it. As long as you don‘t carry forbidden items, of course.

But it is hard to believe that you‘ve never watched or experienced a non-real security check.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:21 pm

Some self-assumed highly experienced BKK travellers recognize, that they are less experienced as they‘ve thought. That is the whole story and nothing strange about it.

I won’t tell you the way how to do it at BKK here, because it is repeatable easily. And it is nothing illegal about it. As long as you don‘t carry forbidden items, of course.

But it is hard to believe that you‘ve never watched or experienced a non-real security check.
Still quite an odd answer. I can’t make much sense of it. Perhaps we have our wires crossed on the point you are trying to convey??

Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I infer from thbe's earlier post that they have found that it is possible to use a fast track departure by bluffing one's way into the priority/APEC/Diplomatic lanes...

No, of course I'm not talking about any kind of illegal actions.

You can compare it, if you use the fast track at BKK without any voucher, but being confident, well dressed and not being suspicious based on racial profiling. Nothing illegal about it, if they let you pass through that way.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I infer from thbe's earlier post that they have found that it is possible to use a fast track departure by bluffing one's way into the priority/APEC/Diplomatic lanes...
thbe's first post was indeed quite odd, but possibly we misunderstood it...
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Originally Posted by BinSabai
thbe's first post was indeed quite odd, but possibly we misunderstood it...
I'd desire for both of you to be correct but thbe specifically mentioned about gaining access without passing through 'real' security or even possessing a ticket and subsequently a mention of intent to not bring anything illegal: I think they are referring to the "airport passholder" entries which could be used if you know the right people I guess.

The posts definitely don't strike me as having anything to do with legit passenger entry.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:00 am

First of all it is really strange to impute dishonesty or illegal behaviour to someone, just because you don't know what he knows. This forum is based on the fact that not all people know the same about everything.

I won't describe a security issue like that in a public forum. But I'm really surprised, that some frequent travellers say, that they have never watched or experienced serious security problems at airports.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:52 pm

Can we perhaps now leave this somewhat OT and dull sub-topic? It's particularly unhelpful with all the cloak and dagger mystery about the thing that is undisclosable but not illegal or whatever.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:51 am

Fast track for purchase, BKK departure service

Does anyone know or recommend a good provider of this service? The BFS website will apparently not sell this service if Economy Class tickets, which is very strange. My flight is a one class, PG flight, and this “rule” seems to defeat the purpose of selling the service to begin with. If one has a premium ticket, the service is almost always included, and therefore would not need to be purchased separately.

I do know for a fact that it is available in conjunction with with hotel car transfers, regardless of class of travel. So it must stil be possible.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.