Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Suvarnabhumi airport fast track immigration

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Arrivals or Departures? Where is that lane exactly (asking for a friend )?
Haha. Arrivals only.It’s over to the right as you face the immigration desks...there are 2 lanes there, one is priority, the other for seniors ( defined as over 70), those with young children, and IIRC those with disabilities.
Ive been waved there by the staff checking that passengers have completed the arrival form correctly.
That said, I know there are 2 immigration areas ( East and West?) , so I assume the position of this lane is the same in both.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by paolo64
Haha. Arrivals only.It’s over to the right as you face the immigration desks...there are 2 lanes there, one is priority, the other for seniors ( defined as over 70), those with young children, and IIRC those with disabilities.
Ive been waved there by the staff checking that passengers have completed the arrival form correctly.
That said, I know there are 2 immigration areas ( East and West?) , so I assume the position of this lane is the same in both.
Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by paolo64
Haha. Arrivals only.It’s over to the right as you face the immigration desks...there are 2 lanes there, one is priority, the other for seniors ( defined as over 70), those with young children, and IIRC those with disabilities. I've been waved there by the staff checking that passengers have completed the arrival form correctly. That said, I know there are 2 immigration areas ( East and West?) , so I assume the position of this lane is the same in both.
As a qualified Old Fart I can report that my recent arrival and departure Immigration experiences were the quickest I've ever had (and that includes the Business Class Fast Track lane). Although I had a business class lane pass from SQ I thought I'd see how I fared on Arrivals as a "senior". Straight through - well, almost. There was a passenger ahead of me in the first lane I joined who seemed to be experiencing a lengthy interrogation - she was still there after I'd moved to another lane and been processed. On departure it was straight through the fast track lane designated for Old Farts and other "special needs" categories adjacent to SQ check-in - faster in fact than TG's dedicated fast track departure for its First & Business passengers
paolo64 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Don't know if this has been noted yet, but BKK immigration now takes full 10 fingerprints from every arriving pax. It takes three separate steps - right hand, left hand, thumbs. Virtually everyone in front of me in the fast track line got it wrong (come on, it's really not complicated!) and I'd say processing was taking an average of 3 minutes per pax, with some slower. This is going to be a disaster in the regular lines.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't know if this has been noted yet, but BKK immigration now takes full 10 fingerprints from every arriving pax. It takes three separate steps - right hand, left hand, thumbs. Virtually everyone in front of me in the fast track line got it wrong (come on, it's really not complicated!) and I'd say processing was taking an average of 3 minutes per pax, with some slower. This is going to be a disaster in the regular lines.
I think many countries are going in this direction. The question is how did they implement the fingerprint scanning. Is it at the border office booth (as they had in the US a few years ago) or is it a separate booths along the line (as they now have in the US)? The former implementation is a disaster because it will make the line slower but the later is actually an improvement and will make the line go faster compared to the no fingerprint scanning line.

Last edited by flyerby; May 25, 2019 at 9:47 pm
Old May 25, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flyerby
the later is actually an improvement and will make the line go faster compared to the no fingerprint scanning line.
huh? I don't even know what you're talking about. It was at least doubling the processing time for each pax. It is by far the slowest system I've ever seen anywhere (though I've never entered the US as a non-US passport holder).
Old May 25, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Kacee
huh? I don't even know what you're talking about. It was at least doubling the processing time for each pax. It is by far the slowest system I've ever seen anywhere (though I've never entered the US as a non-US passport holder).
If you don’t know what I’m talking about then please read again what I wrote. Please take a special care knowing that I haven’t yet passed the new fingerprint scanning process at BKK and haven’t claimed anything like that in my post. In addition, please go back a few years back and enter the US as a non US passport holder to see how it was and then do the same thing nowadays. Surely by now, you will know
Old May 26, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador

I think many countries are going in this direction. The question is how did they implement the fingerprint scanning. Is it at the border office booth (as they had in the US a few years ago) or is it a separate booths along the line (as they now have in the US)? The former implementation is a disaster because it will make the line slower but the later is actually an improvement and will make the line go faster compared to the no fingerprint scanning line.
The biometric finger scanning is done at the Immigration counter while the officer is processing the passport. I used it at the Fast Track lane this week and it was completed by the time the officer had processed my passport in the usual manner.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
The biometric finger scanning is done at the Immigration counter while the officer is processing the passport. I used it at the Fast Track lane this week and it was completed by the time the officer had processed my passport in the usual manner.
You are clearly more competent than those who were in line in front of me, as none of those passengers could figure out the process for scanning three separate sets of prints. One very confused woman repeatedly placed her fingers on the instruction screen, rather than the scanning screen.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about then please read again what I wrote. Please take a special care knowing that I haven’t yet passed the new fingerprint scanning process at BKK and haven’t claimed anything like that in my post
I'm afraid that what you have said does not make as much sense as you seem to think it does In any event, it's hardly worth debating with you further, since by your admission you're not familiar with the new BKK process.
In addition, please go back a few years back and enter the US as a non US passport holder to see how it was and then do the same thing nowadays
As previously noted, as a US passport holder I would not have any experience with any of that.

Last edited by Kacee; May 26, 2019 at 8:51 pm
Old May 28, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Been through the new system a couple of time in fast track. Did not seem to slow things down too much, although the woman in front of me was hilarious to watch as she shifted her bag and sunglasses from hand to hand and then became dysfunctional when the system asked for both thumbs at the same time.
splicer100 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Sinbad Gold
In Samui departures last month each booth had a separate member of staff outside assisting the travellers with the fingerprint scanner. The queues, while not outrageously long, were much longer than usual and the airport was quiet.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond
Hi
Would those of you who have experience at BKK recommend I purchase a fast track or connection service? I will be flying in on business on EVA air. I plan to purchase a separate ticket on Thai airlines 2 hours 45 minutes later for a Chang mai. Could we make it ourselves or should we purchase the service. Is that connection just too close for either case? Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:11 am

You should have enough time without needing fast track so long as there’s no lengthy delay. The fast track will mean less hanging about in queues if immigration is busy, so you might want to do it anyway. I’ve been delayed on an incoming flight previously on separate tickets with separate airlines (incoming on Thai, outgoing on Bangkok Air) and the ticketing desk simply moved me to the next domestic flight with no charge. Maybe I was lucky but it was very straightforward.

Also I’d try and get Eva to check your bags straight through, although it’s separate tickets (and the airlines don’t have to) I’ve been lucky most times in getting my baggage checked straight through. You would then just follow the airside signs to the special transfer gates for Samui, Chiang Mai, Phuket etc for a passport check and through to the domestic departure area. I’ve never requested this with Eva, but had success with Lufthansa, Emirates, Thai, Air India, Singapore and Turkish.

Good luck!
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:16 am

Oh just re-read and noticed you are in business. You should get a card from the crew on board to entitle you to use the fast track lanes. As I say, I’ve never arrived with Eva, but always been given these with Emirates, Lufthansa etc. The fast track isn’t well signposted IMHO, but it’s just towards the end of the regular entrance to immigration.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:25 am

A J class boarding pass from your inbound flight is all you need to access arrival fast track.

Last edited by 11277m; Aug 25, 2019 at 11:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.