FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   CGK Lounge anyone? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1924464-cgk-lounge-anyone.html)

dinbangkok Aug 10, 18 6:27 am

CGK Lounge anyone?

After a 3 1/2 month no air travel hiatus (a 3 year record for me!), I'm back in the air next week flying for with TG from their new location at Terminal 3, CGK. With this in mind, has anyone here yet experienced their (contract) lounge offering at the 'new' terminal? Cheers, dinbangkok

IluvSQ Aug 10, 18 9:11 am

see my post # 6 here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai...k-1st-may.html

Thaikwai Aug 10, 18 11:41 am

Originally Posted by dinbangkok (Post 30067547)
After a 3 1/2 month no air travel hiatus (a 3 year record for me!), I'm back in the air next week flying for with TG from their new location at Terminal 3, CGK. With this in mind, has anyone here yet experienced their (contract) lounge offering at the 'new' terminal? Cheers, dinbangkok

Yes, although much better than the awful previous lounge, get your walking shoes on, because its miles from anywhere and miles from the usual gate that TG uses. I will be there for the 12:35pm flight tomorrow......

clubeurope Aug 10, 18 5:56 pm

It's called the Plaza Premium Sapphire, same lounge that MH uses, and is located by gate 5 on the far corner end of Jakarta's massive new terminal. A lot nicer than the terrible dark lounge that was Puri Indah in T2, and though food is still stale, it is much better than the former. Some pictures from my recent visit:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...480113ac9.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2eba7e0f8.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b6c5f2e10.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2eb11a416.jpeg

Tokyoite Aug 11, 18 2:54 am

Doesnít look that bad....
At least there are tarmac views.

BinSabai Aug 11, 18 5:17 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 30069710)
It's called the Plaza Premium Sapphire, same lounge that MH uses, and is located by gate 5 on the far corner end of Jakarta's massive new terminal. A lot nicer than the terrible dark lounge that was Puri Indah in T2, and though food is still stale, it is much better than the former. Some pictures from my recent visit:

thanks for the pictures clubeurope!
Always so empty?

clubeurope Aug 11, 18 6:54 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30070830)
Always so empty?

I was there for 1.5 hours, and it remained quite empty. When I took the pictures, I was departing on MH722 (delayed), which had a similar timing to TG436. There were 1-2 people joining in every half an hour or so, and never got packed at the time.

clubeurope Aug 11, 18 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 30070642)
Doesnít look that bad....
At least there are tarmac views.

I agree, the sunlight coming in is an added plus (doesn't look like a 90's cigar club anymore :D)

Thaikwai Aug 12, 18 12:18 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30070830)
Always so empty?

I was in the lounge yesterday for an hour and it was not very busy, unlike the old grotty lounge in T2, which was always packed. its a nice lounge, with a kitchen counter making hot food such as noodles, and a buffet down the back of the lounge, which I only found by accident because I was going to the loo! Only MH and TG seemed to be using the lounge but I guess it will get busier as other airlines make the move to T3.

The airport itself is OK, a big improvement on T2, but the floor tiles look as though they have been dug up from the old terminal and re-laid here. They are chipped, broken and discoloured and the grouting is almost non-existent.The travelators have big chunks missing out of the moving walkway and the carpets.......my God, whoever chose the patterns, design, and colours should be shot!!

clubeurope Aug 12, 18 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Thaikwai (Post 30073042)
I was in the lounge yesterday for an hour and it was not very busy, unlike the old grotty lounge in T2, which was always packed. its a nice lounge, with a kitchen counter making hot food such as noodles, and a buffet down the back of the lounge, which I only found by accident because I was going to the loo! Only MH and TG seemed to be using the lounge but I guess it will get busier as other airlines make the move to T3.

The airport itself is OK, a big improvement on T2, but the floor tiles look as though they have been dug up from the old terminal and re-laid here. They are chipped, broken and discoloured and the grouting is almost non-existent.The travelators have big chunks missing out of the moving walkway and the carpets.......my God, whoever chose the patterns, design, and colours should be shot!!

I must really agree, the setup of the lounge is very strange, and a lot of it seemed to be an afterthought (which reflects much of the airportís design, really). Rather funnily, when I was there, there was some electrical problems in the toilets which meant that the lamps and dryers werenít working.

dinbangkok Aug 13, 18 6:51 am

I made it to the lounge, thanks for everyone's input and compared to the Puri Indah I'd say is MILES better. A MUCH better selection of food with even wine available now (although as before you have to 'ask for it' as it's not visible). The 'Live Kitchen' was an interesting idea although somewhat limited offer. Much, much better overall and I look forward to coming back for my next CGK-BKK trip... next week!

clubeurope Aug 13, 18 6:58 am

Originally Posted by dinbangkok (Post 30076632)
I made it to the lounge, thanks for everyone's input and compared to the Puri Indah I'd say is MILES better. A MUCH better selection of food with even wine available now (although as before you have to 'ask for it' as it's not visible). The 'Live Kitchen' was an interesting idea although somewhat limited offer. Much, much better overall and I look forward to coming back for my next CGK-BKK trip... next week!

How was the wine?

I was thinking of giving it a try but changed my mind :D

dinbangkok Aug 13, 18 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 30076648)
How was the wine?

I was thinking of giving it a try but changed my mind :D

Well aside from the fact that I had to explicitly request it (from the area adjacent to the 'live kitchen') meaning that there wasn't a hope of seeing what the label was, it actually tasted good and as if it'd come out of a fresh bottle. I've had far worse and had I not been travelling with my son I'd probably have downed at least a couple more! Having said that, now that I live in Indonesia with not exactly readily accessible wine (or any alcohol), I may well have lowered my standards :D

clubeurope Aug 14, 18 12:14 am

Originally Posted by dinbangkok (Post 30079743)
Well aside from the fact that I had to explicitly request it (from the area adjacent to the 'live kitchen') meaning that there wasn't a hope of seeing what the label was, it actually tasted good and as if it'd come out of a fresh bottle. I've had far worse and had I not been travelling with my son I'd probably have downed at least a couple more! Having said that, now that I live in Indonesia with not exactly readily accessible wine (or any alcohol), I may well have lowered my standards :D

Thatís good to know, cheers for the insight mate :p Iíll try for myself the next time I come by, as I probably have gotten lower standards too after a while :D

dinbangkok Aug 15, 18 3:02 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 30079964)

Thatís good to know, cheers for the insight mate :p Iíll try for myself the next time I come by, as I probably have gotten lower standards too after a while :D

Of course clubeurope, noticing your membership of CX, very few lounges I've seen in Asia offer anything like that of CX in Hong Kong, in particular my all time favourite 'The Pier'.