Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Always Loved Thai, Now Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by l380
Just got TG'ed too.... My flight TG601 tomorrow is swapped to B747.... Does anyone know if they will upgrade *G to 1st class for a flight sold as 2 classes only??
Ask at check-in. I believe I'm 2 for 3 on being seated in F on a flight that was sold as 2 class.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Hong Kong ground staff sucks

Originally Posted by BinSabai
anyway @I380 let us know how it went
Denied! I actually asked three different times.

1. HK in town check in: staff was clueless and unhelpful as to what is row 1, 2 and 3 in the first class cabin. Instead he told me row 11,12,13, and 14 are the ‘first rows’. Gave up and went to the airport.

2. TG lounge: staff was willing to check but they basically had to call the gate agent to check. Staff told me that first class was not for sale. Duh. Gave up and directly went to the gate.

3. At Gate: staff said first class cabin would be closed today and no one will be sitting there... They insisted that’s the truth despite I once saw other passengers in the first class cabin when there was last minute equipment change in the past. Also they told me they will only open first class cabin when business class is overbooked.

At at the end, there was really no one in the first class cabin and the curtains were kept open. Everyone was free to use the first class lavatories (it was the old cabin). Although I was frustrated, at least everyone was treated fairly.

PS What’s with the many defective seats?!? There were two defective seats in business class cabin on HS-TGO and two defective seats in first on HS-TGA (It is seat 1A)....
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Flew TG606 BKK-HKG return. This time the 77W assignment stuck. Much better crew, better food (had the western "tea" menu), and the flight was on time.

Does TG provide better catering on the 77W flights? It was so different from the repackaged economy catering we got on the 773 from HKG-BKK. Crew was also considerably more professional (though still less warm than I'm used to on TG).
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Flew TG606 BKK-HKG return. This time the 77W assignment stuck. Much better crew, better food (had the western "tea" menu), and the flight was on time.

Does TG provide better catering on the 77W flights? It was so different from the repackaged economy catering we got on the 773 from HKG-BKK. Crew was also considerably more professional (though still less warm than I'm used to on TG).
happy to hear you had a much better experience on the flight back!

I do not think that catering is different on 77W then on the old 777. Had last month a flight to KUL one way on the old 77W and back on the old 777-300. was pretty similar, even slightly better on the old plane
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.