Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Always Loved Thai, Now Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
I'm ok with fish, but find any other kind of seafood disgusting.

On NH, I have asked for an economy meal a couple of times.

Last week, flying on MI (SilkAir), both J options were seafood (not fish) of some kind. Not good. The chicken curry from Y was nice though.

Have never had this problem on TG, however. Have done most of their European routes in J, and can't remember any issues with their meals.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by BinSabai
don't go to India as there your only option left would be mutton (goat)...
...which is wonderful!
But also all veggie-meal options offered by any Indian carrier is normally great and very tasty (even I am not a veggie anyhow)
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I have flown Thai from Europe to BKK for many years, always in First and I loved the product, service and food. This month I flew Thai from BKK to Brussels on the new A350 in Business and was looking forward to it. I was totally disappointed in it. The service was wonderful, but the seat was so narrow, small and confining. It has to be one of the worst Business Class seats I have seen. When I saw the menu I was also disappointed. I am allergic to any kind of seafood and just about every course and main course was some form of seafood or fish. There was no beef, pasta or chicken. They offered me an Economy class dinner. I did not pay for Business Class to receive Economy meals. I realize that in Asia the diet is very heavy in seafood but when flying to Europe they should include basic Western meals.

Since First is going away (fewer A380's to FRA), I would not take Thai in Business again.
Ah the classic "I will never fly XYZ again....".

On the seat; Well, comparing an F seat to C is not really fair is it? - The TG A359 seat is pretty much in line with industry standards now, and to me is perfectly fine for a C class.

On the food; if allergic to any kind of seafood, I fail to understand why anyone would rely on chance and not ordering a special meal - especially since much of Thai cuisine (be it beef, chicken or pork dishes) are likely to contain items like fish sauce. On the note of being offered a meal from Y, I would personally see that as the crew trying to be as accommodating as they can with the means available to them at 37,000 feet.
BinSabai and kaffir76 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
...which is wonderful!
But also all veggie-meal options offered by any Indian carrier is normally great and very tasty (even I am not a veggie anyhow)
sure for you and me...
I just answered on the rather difficult situation of the OP re seafood allergy and dislike of chicken…

regarding seafood allergy I have seen people with quite different kind of seafood allergies. Those, who vomit after eating, those who got into serious Health problems and those with a kind of placebo allergy, who reacted only if they were told that it is seafood; but if they did not realize, that the dish contained seafood, they were fine
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BRK-B
Once you've stepped on EVA, you will find TG's service ............ (insert appropriate words).
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Noppasit
Once you've stepped on EVA, you will find TG's service ............ (insert appropriate words).
superior?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
superior?
That would be my guess too.

Although, in any case it is not very polite to step on someone...
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
superior?
My only experience with BR is their lounge in BKK and it’s indeed superior to TG’s.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1984SW
I thought mutton was sheep. Or, does it include both sheep AND goats?
My understanding was it could refer to either.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
My other half has developed a shellfish allergy recently. Gets severely ill when consuming various forms of shell fish including prawns. Had the same issue on a TG domestic business class flight. It was prawns or prawns. Thankfully, there was a chicken sandwich from the economy menu found.

We found the answer. We now order Kosher meals as that excludes shellfish (and have to skip pork in the process). British Airways even has Kosher tea-bags!

I get some strange looks from the flight attendants as a Chinese person receiving a Kosher meal
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by flyerby
My only experience with BR is their lounge in BKK and it’s indeed superior to TG’s.
the EVA biz lounge in BKK is indeed much better than any of the TG biz lounge (TG F lounge is of course much better than EVA and SQ)
If I leave on non TG flights, i always go there; on TG's I of course go to their F lounge
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
My understanding was it could refer to either.
in South Asia mutton is in 95% of the cases goat; in other areas more lamb
it's well explained in my wiki link
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by KenJohn
My other half has developed a shellfish allergy recently. Gets severely ill when consuming various forms of shell fish including prawns. Had the same issue on a TG domestic business class flight. It was prawns or prawns. Thankfully, there was a chicken sandwich from the economy menu found.

We found the answer. We now order Kosher meals as that excludes shellfish (and have to skip pork in the process). British Airways even has Kosher tea-bags!

I get some strange looks from the flight attendants as a Chinese person receiving a Kosher meal
on a domestic business class flight you had a choice of food?
during the last couple of years (and I was quite regular flying domestic) there was always only one type available…

so Chinese jews don't eat Kosher?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
in South Asia mutton is in 95% of the cases goat; in other areas more lamb
it's well explained in my wiki link
How are people supposed to separate the sheep from the goats?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
the EVA biz lounge in BKK is indeed much better than any of the TG biz lounge (TG F lounge is of course much better than EVA and SQ)
If I leave on non TG flights, i always go there; on TG's I of course go to their F lounge
A few years ago, BR lounge was really quiet but these days it’s getting more and more crowded although not as crowded as TG’s.
BinSabai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.