FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   ROP awards at check in (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1917465-rop-awards-check.html)

Steve180 Jul 1, 2018 12:34 pm

ROP awards at check in

Hi, newbie here
could anyone explain now digital member card works
is I'm a frequent flyer from LHR -BKK , six flights this year and theT2 staff have no idea.
thanks everyone

Thai-Kiwi Jul 1, 2018 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Steve180 (Post 29926428)
Hi, newbie here
could anyone explain now digital member card works
is I'm a frequent flyer from LHR -BKK , six flights this year and theT2 staff have no idea.
thanks everyone

Hi Steve180 - welcome to FT.

The only 'benefit' I have experienced is that the digital card can be used in place of the physical card if you need to show it (although I still carry the plastic card).
I save the digital card in my iPhone's wallet and this also provides update alerts to my ROP miles and wot not - not no faster than simply logging onto my ROP account.

I am not sure quite what you mean by the thread title ' ROP awards at check in'? If you want to use miles to 'buy' an award or upgrade a flight, then I am not sure if this can be done at check-in - I have usually secured awards well in advance.

Did you mean a paid standby upgrade at check-in? If so, then THAI does offer standby paid upgrades at check-in, noting that the miles earn is at the original fare class rate rate. For a full miles earn in the higher cabin, you'd need to get the ticket re-issued in the higher class - this is usually an expensive course of action.

Steve180 Jul 2, 2018 1:35 am

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful...

BinSabai Jul 2, 2018 2:38 am

i have not used my ROP card at check in for a long time, as my member number is on all electronic tickets.
even not for lounge access, as number is as well on boarding pass (in opposite to the medieval or stone age regulation at LH Group, where you still have to show the SENATOR card, even it's on the boarding pass!)

pandalama Jul 2, 2018 8:23 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 29928159)
i have not used my ROP card at check in for a long time, as my member number is on all electronic tickets.
even not for lounge access, as number is as well on boarding pass (in opposite to the medieval or stone age regulation at LH Group, where you still have to show the SENATOR card, even it's on the boarding pass!)

Mind you on Thai smile it is a little different.
The first row of normal economy seems to be reserved for ROP gold and above. But if you don't make this known to the check-in staff, they wouldn't put you there. They have to call someone to get approval for these seats.

BinSabai Jul 2, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by pandalama (Post 29928937)
The first row of normal economy seems to be reserved for ROP gold and above. But if you don't make this known to the check-in staff, they wouldn't put you there. They have to call someone to get approval for these seats.

try to avoid Thai smile and have been successful so far!

Steve180 Jul 2, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks everyone for the help and advise

flyerby Jul 2, 2018 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 29929513)

WE is fine in Y for any of the national flights in Thailand. When priced correctly, I usually don’t even mind that I cannot use my *A status.

BinSabai Jul 3, 2018 6:11 am

Originally Posted by flyerby (Post 29930833)
WE is fine in Y for any of the national flights in Thailand. When priced correctly, I usually don’t even mind that I cannot use my *A status.

probably as good as the cheap budget airlines. But I do not like Y and I do not like narrow body aircrafts. Therefore to the main domestic destinations like CNX, HKT, I choose the TG flights, but there are less and less...

Noppasit Jul 4, 2018 7:27 am

This is certainly NOT TRUE. I was in 32A and try to request 31A but was not successful, at the immigration in HKG the lady in 31A came to ask me how to fill in the HKG landing card as she can't read English?!

Noppasit Jul 4, 2018 9:59 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 29929513)

This is certainly NOT TRUE. I was in 32A and try to request 31A but was not successful, at the immigration in HKG the lady in 31A came to ask me how to fill in the HKG landing card as she can't read English?!

Thai-Kiwi Jul 4, 2018 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by pandalama (Post 29928937)

This was my (accidental) experience with flying WE domestically BKK-UBP-BKK, BKK-UTH-BKK, and BKK-KBV-BKK. Was allocated the first normal row (actually row 34) for four of these six sectors.

WE cancelled my only international flight BKK-RGN-BKK at short notice, so no experience of being TG*G with them internationally. We paid more to use the TG flight....

BinSabai Jul 4, 2018 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Noppasit (Post 29937379)

sorry, but what is NOT true?
what has your arrival experience in HKG to do with my lack of enthusiasm towards Thai Smile?

Noppasit Jul 4, 2018 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 29938566)
sorry, but what is NOT true?
what has your arrival experience in HKG to do with my lack of enthusiasm towards Thai Smile?

Sorry, it seems that I have quote wrongly. I'm trying to said that non status passengers sometimes get access to front row. The lady in 31A do not understand English implies that she do not travel a lot, therefore she do not have TG*G.

BinSabai Jul 5, 2018 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Noppasit (Post 29938870)
Sorry, it seems that I have quote wrongly. I'm trying to said that non status passengers sometimes get access to front row. The lady in 31A do not understand English implies that she do not travel a lot, therefore she do not have TG*G.

for TG TIP Status is more important than ROP Status...and TIPs are not always fluent in English...actually you should know! and