Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROP awards at check in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by BinSabai
for TG TIP Status is more important than ROP Status...and TIPs are not always fluent in English...actually you should know! and
Well, she definitely not TIP from my judgement from her face, height, and clothes. It is very easy to get 31A when departing from somewhere not Thailand. I was getting 31A from LHR quite often, last time I also got 31BC and 32ABC at my disposal throughout the flight.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Well, she definitely not TIP from my judgement from her face, height, and clothes.
could you teach me how to recognize TIPs from face and height! so far I can only recognize them from their behavior and wallet! (or how TG staff react (or should I better say "act" towards them)
thanks very much in advance!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: BRK-B
Clothing is the most important thing to consider.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:25 pm

I'm going to sound very stupid here. What's TIP status?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
VIP Very Important Person
TIP Thai version of a VIP
TG provides privileges to Thai Nationals, who have a certain higher status in society (probably more than western airlines). And many Thais expect that a certain status of a relative or even a "friend" spills over on them and they also receive those privileges…
and with this word "TIP", we make a bit fun of those People, but are sometimes also jealous as they get a better treatment for free while we have to pay for...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.