Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

any compensation for broken entertainment system and seat controller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Accor Gold, Star Alliance Silver

Flied on a350 business class from mel to bkk (i believe the flight was hs-thb),
for the whole duration of the flight, the entertainment system was not working especially on the middle seat and also some of the time had the seat controller off so you could move from sleep mode to takeoff/landing position.
How can I complain and possible to get a compensation for this?
Thanks for help

Last edited by vpchandr; Jun 26, 2018 at 1:37 am Reason: grammar
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
complain yes (you should have asked for the complaint form, but you can of course also do this by email), compensation unlikely (has happened to me as well but very seldom)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

to whom should I email?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/conta...backform.page?
Or call your local office, or Bangkok HQ, and get a point of contact.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Or call your local office, or Bangkok HQ, and get a point of contact.
if you have no status (I mean OP not you Thai-Kiwi), local TG office should be better!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by vpchandr
Flied on a350 business class from mel to bkk (i believe the flight was hs-thb),
for the whole duration of the flight, the entertainment system was not working especially on the middle seat and also some of the time had the seat controller off so you could move from sleep mode to takeoff/landing position.
How can I complain and possible to get a compensation for this?
Thanks for help
Unless you raised this with purser on the flight, you will have troubles to prove your case and to get any compensation. If you did raise it with the purser, (s)he should have offered you compensation on the spot (or you could have asked) in the form of points or in-flight vouchers... If you did not, probably tough luck...

While I acknowledge this did happen to me on LH flight (not TG), I received immediate offer of reasonable number of M&M miles which I accepted. Later on, after reading some reports on M&M, I realised that purser gave me most he could, but some people got more, so I then complained to LH and received further amount of miles... The important point being, that for purser to give me any points he had to make the report, so I had a proof of non-functioning seat...
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:25 pm

I have attempted this before, if you are an ROP member they may still acknowledge this and compensate you in miles. If not, even tougher luck as previously stated by vbroucek.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by pandalama
I have attempted this before, if you are an ROP member they may still acknowledge this and compensate you in miles. If not, even tougher luck as previously stated by vbroucek.
even as a ROP member you need to report this to the purser/crew (as vbroucek wrote) during the flight and if they can not fix, insist that it is reported or you fill out a claim on board; otherwise forget about a compensation...
vbroucek likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
As a general remark - it is really hard to claim compensation for things that have not been reported on the flight... So, if anything is not working as supposed, purser should ba called and asked to make a report and ideally compensate on spot... I have seen reports of people asking for compensation of non-functioning entertainment system being declined even though people provided photos of it... And to be honest, I agree... With my skills, I can crash any (or at least most) entertainment system in a few seconds and then take a picture... But it will reboot and work again... So, beware!
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
which seats were you in? I am flying MEL-BKK on the A350 in a few months. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I received ROP miles for a broken entertainment system last year just by complaining on their online feedback form.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
I got a reasonable compensation a couple of years back, LHR BKK in F on one of the last 747 flights, full flight and the seat control was completely u/s. They worked on it for a while but could only get it full upright or fully flat. Cabin crew were mortified and did everything they could to help but it was a right royal pain. When I emailed they originally offered me 10K points but I negotiated it up to 40K. Was an OK result but I would have preferred a working seat.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

hs-thb front middle seat
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Poster

where is the link for online feedback form?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by vpchandr
where is the link for online feedback form?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.