TG F Lounge access at BKK

Old May 23, 2018, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
Wink TG F Lounge access at BKK

I wonder if anyone can help me or had a similar experience? I have a flight coming up SYD-BKK-HKG and return. This was originally all ticketed in F and then TG downgraded the HKG sectors.
My flight from SYD lands in BKK at TG 472 at 22;20 and I depart for HKG the next day on TG 601 at 13:55. As this is a transit in BKK for under 24 hours would I qualify for the F lounge in BKK the following day pre my HKG flight? I realise I may not get full F spa services but F lounge is better than the J!

In the past I have flown for example LX to ZRH and my connection was the next day (the next available service)and still granted F lounge access the following day as I came in on a international F flight and was under 24 hours so considered as a F transit passenger.

Any ideas?

Cheers

SYD/YYZ
Old May 23, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
My understanding is that with *A is such cases you'd be condemned to the J lounge when you turned up the following day, which is different to OW where there is a clear policy on being allowed to do this.
That said, I have no personal experience - but others will. There was also a thread recently on this point.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
From the lounge wiki:
Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?
A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
if you go after your arrival in F to the lounge, you are granted access to F lounge. If you go landside after your arrival and come back the next day for your J flight the other day, it will be Biz Lounge unless you have Platinum status at TG
Tokyoite likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
All covered in the wiki, which is a fantastic resource.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks for the responses I did read the wiki but was looking for any actual accounts by people in the same boat. I am over nighting at the Novotel so assume will arrive as a J passenger-I may try and if successful will post for others information.

Thanks again

SYD/YYZ
Old May 24, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by SYD/YYZ
Thanks for the responses I did read the wiki but was looking for any actual accounts by people in the same boat. I am over nighting at the Novotel so assume will arrive as a J passenger-I may try and if successful will post for others information.

Thanks again

SYD/YYZ
unlikely if you do not first go to the F lounge after arrival and leave there something when you go landside to the Novotel
Old May 24, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
This was originally all ticketed in F and then TG downgraded the HKG sectors.

I had the same situation. I showed my original itinerary to the First Class lounge receptionist and was admitted without hesitation. Have a great trip.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by UAuhoh
This was originally all ticketed in F and then TG downgraded the HKG sectors.

I had the same situation. I showed my original itinerary to the First Class lounge receptionist and was admitted without hesitation. Have a great trip.
I would not take this for granted, as this depends on the decision of the receptionist. He/she was certainly not following a policy. TG is well known for a certain passenger friendly policy but it always depends on
- who is at the reception
- in what mood are they
- is lounge busy or pretty empty
- and in particular how you approach and how you communicate with them
Tokyoite likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP

Thanks again

SYD/YYZ
I used to do same thing once or twice a month and always got into the F lounge. Haven't done it about 6 months so I'm not sure of the current practice, and as BinSabai says it always depends on who you're talking to and how you're talking to them.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Just a quick follow up as I have done my trip. I flew SYD-BKK in F (TG 472 at 22:20 and I depart for HKG the next day on TG 601 at 13:55). I received both boarding passes in SYD and checked my bags through to HKG so only had a change of clothes in the carry on and walked to the hotel. The next day I asked as I entered the business lounge and they said yes we had First access so walked over to the First side on our own and the staff there also said yes come in. We received normal 30 mins J spa treatments but were sat in the First Zone for the treatment and after refreshment. Then went back to the First lounge till our flight.

So it is possible and possibly access was granted as we were technically in transit (under 24hrs). Doing it again next month-all flights were great!

SYD/YYZ
Tokyoite and IAH2MEL like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:42 pm

Just a quick follow up as I have done my trip. I flew SYD-BKK in F (TG 472 at 22:20 and I depart for HKG the next day on TG 601 at 13:55). I received both boarding passes in SYD and checked my bags through to HKG so only had a change of clothes in the carry on and walked to the hotel. The next day I asked as I entered the business lounge and they said yes we had First access so walked over to the First side on our own and the staff there also said yes come in. We received normal 30 mins J spa treatments but were sat in the First Zone for the treatment and after refreshment. Then went back to the First lounge till our flight.

So it is possible and possibly access was granted as we were technically in transit (under 24hrs). Doing it again next month-all flights were great!

SYD/YYZ
they were just generous! don't take it for granted; other lounge staff might decide differently. It might also have to do with the fact that F lounge is not very busy in the morning
F Zone in spa because you came from F lounge. As Platinum I also get seated in F Zone all the time, even I only fly J
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Im flying BKK-SIN on SQ in J (No F offerd on this segment) then going into F from SIN to SFO on SQ. All same ticket, 3 hour same day connection in SIN. Will I have Thai F lounge access in BKK?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by jinrop
Im flying BKK-SIN on SQ in J (No F offerd on this segment) then going into F from SIN to SFO on SQ. All same ticket, 3 hour same day connection in SIN. Will I have Thai F lounge access in BKK?
no
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by jinrop
you arent flying in F from/via BKK, so no.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.