Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

No TG First awards for MileagePlus after November?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

I didn't do a search of all dates, but I couldn't find anything past Thanksgiving with availability in First with United miles. Is Thai no longer loading First seats when the schedule opens, like they used to? Are there other routes that y'all have noticed that First seats aren't getting loaded for far out?
Old May 16, 2018, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
I didn't do a search of all dates, but I couldn't find anything past Thanksgiving with availability in First with United miles. Is Thai no longer loading First seats when the schedule opens, like they used to? Are there other routes that y'all have noticed that First seats aren't getting loaded for far out?
I can see F availability BKK-NRT in Feb according to ExpertFlyer. Nov-Jan is a high season in Thailand and F awards may simply just already have gone.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
what routes are you looking at? with 747 retiring and less flights with the small A380 fleet (in the past they had many operational problems so they reduced number of flights) there are also less F seats available
Old May 16, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
they are loaded, and might still be available if you avoid high season dates.
What dates and routes did you look at?
Old May 16, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Sorry for lack of clarity; I was looking at Sydney to and from Bangkok. My conclusion from this is that I'm not looking hard enough
Old May 16, 2018, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

F award seats available BKK-SYD in mid-Sep

Sorry for lack of clarity; I was looking at Sydney to and from Bangkok. My conclusion from this is that I'm not looking hard enough
I do recall discussion in another thread on this board that UA members had gobbled up much of TG's F award space on the BKK-SYD sector prior to some kind of UA program devaluation? I know nothing about the UA program.
What dates were you trying to look for?

For example I can see 1 F seat BKK-SYD on each day 17-20 Sep. In 2019 I checked Feb 19th to May 02nd, which revealed nothing. I used ExperFlyer.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

@Thai-Kiwi I can give some more context to the UA members: On November 1st of last year, the United miles required for a First Class flight between Sydney and Bangkok increased from 40k to 65k miles. We had advance notice, so a lotbof us (me included) booked seats as far out as 11 months, so September 2018. However, UA members should have stopped booking voraciously after that, so it surprised me that I couldn’t find availability in First in February or March of next yeat
Old May 16, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the backgrounder. In any case it looks like you could make a return BKK-SYD-BKK in the period 17-20 Sep. Good luck...
Old May 16, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I was one of those who really suffered at the beginning from the UA devaluation although I was redeeming my award tickets using UA miles
I mean, I planned to get 2 award tickets TYO-BKK-SYD in F for this coming August and then the devaluation announcement came.

When I started looking for awards, HND/NRT-BKK didn’t have any F on the dates I wanted but I managed to get awards on the route HND-KIX-BKK-SYD, 1 ticket in X/O/O and one in X/O/I.

Few months later, FE sent me availability notification for the BKK-SYD and I upgraded that leg to O with no additional charge.

In the end all was good.

Last edited by flyerby; May 16, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Old May 17, 2018, 12:04 am
Original Poster

I was really lucky lre-devaluation that I found a routing starting in Taipei that gave me a segment in First on Osaka to Bangkok, continuing to Sydney for only 50k miles total. I enjoyed the flights so much I figured I’d try to snag seats on the Thai 747 to Sydney again before they’re retired
Old May 18, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
I've seen decent availability until April 1st, 2019 in F.

Starting April 1, the F space is either gone or extremely limited.

I don't see BKK-MUC anymore..
NRT-BKK has a few Saturday routes only.. and Wednesdays in J (used to be available every day)...

It seems like if they have loaded anything, it's only on Wednesdays or Saturday's in April thus far...
Old May 20, 2018, 6:35 am

2 seats right during thanksgiving
[KVS Tool 8.8.9/Diamond - Awards/AC-StarAlliance/CA-Auto]
Code:
BKK  Bangkok Metro / Suvarnabhumi Intl TH = BKK DMK [VTBS]
SYD  Sydney Kingsford Smith NS AU [YSSY]
FRI  23 Nov 2018   2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Award Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------------
TG         475     BKK   17:50     SYD   07:10 +1  747  0   FS+
Old May 20, 2018, 6:36 am

more results. where were you searching?
Old May 20, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Searching on united.com, for dates in 2019. I won’t have enough vacation days until then!
Old May 20, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Searching on united.com, for dates in 2019. I won’t have enough vacation days until then!
Too far in advance! TG's availability only goes out as far as around 1 year (I think 335 days in advance of 'todays' date).

So of course you won't find any availailability for Nov 2019 until closer go the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.