Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

No TG First awards for MileagePlus after November?

No TG First awards for MileagePlus after November?

Old May 20, 2018, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Sorry, to clarify: I’m sarching for January 2019 through end of schedule (April 2019 or so)
Old May 20, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Sorry, to clarify: I’m sarching for January 2019 through end of schedule (April 2019 or so)
Well, Dec-Feb is high season for travel to Thailand and I would guess that availability has simply been used up. April sees Songkran festival (and Easter), so again availability may just be used up.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:28 am

I have been looking at F award SYD-BKK vv and 2 weeks ago, there was nothing in December. Expertflyer showed a lot of empty F cabins. I found a few up to around Nov 28/29 but now they have some until around Dec 6. I guess they slowly release these. Award for Dec was open before for a very short time and a friend got the seat early this year. I think this could be the case for Jan - April as well. Jan was usually difficult to get but Feb, Mar and even Apr were quite easy from my experience past few years. I think they might change the way they release F seat. I normally fly F to BKK 3-4 times a year and started seeing a new pattern since last year. ie Nov 17, Looking for seat for Late April 18 but nothing around that time at all thru May/June. I don't think it's UA members that took all the seat. Then mid January I got a notification from Expertflyer and TG released a ton of F seat for Apr-June. They used to release everything then again at T-5.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:10 am

Somewhat related, does United (UA) have access to Thai award space at the moment? Have been looking for the past couple of days on different routes and itineraries (J & F) but nothing comes up. I can see availability on Aeroplan and LifeMiles though.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Somewhat related, does United (UA) have access to Thai award space at the moment? Have been looking for the past couple of days on different routes and itineraries (J & F) but nothing comes up. I can see availability on Aeroplan and LifeMiles though.
The answer unfortunately is No. For unknown reasons, all TG award space has disappeared from united.com. This has been discussed on the UA board.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:54 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Noticed that last night. Award space still showing on ROP
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Maybe too many UA redemptions into F and J has raised concerns? Certainly US based folks have access to a level of credt card signup ‘miles’ bonuses that is simply unimaginable here in NZ.
SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
On some days I've looked a couple of weeks ago there's periodically F space on some days for Sydney, but nothing at all for either Melbourne or Business in July. Oddly enough there hasn't been any TG award space ex-Auckland available on LifeMiles for months
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Maybe too many UA redemptions into F and J has raised concerns? Certainly US based folks have access to a level of credt card signup ‘miles’ bonuses that is simply unimaginable here in NZ.
Exactly my thoughts - and if that is the case, I must admit that I am very much in favour of such a move!
kkl and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Let us remember that UA dramatically increased the number of miles needed for award travel just over a year ago. SYD-BKK (on TG) in C is now 50,000 miles one way, and 65,000 miles in F one way.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Let us remember that UA dramatically increased the number of miles needed for award travel just over a year ago. SYD-BKK (on TG) in C is now 50,000 miles one way, and 65,000 miles in F one way.
Yep, and 145,000 for F BKK-Europe, 140,000 F BKK-USA one-way.

It's not just TG flights are disappearing, NH and others as well.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
The Points Guy has reported that MileagePlus has told him that their links between TG and a couple of other *A programs are broken and they can't say when they'll be restored https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...d-travel-down/
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:46 pm
kkl

Not sure if it's 100% on UA side. I been monitoring tyo-bkk everyday as I need a flight next month.

There has been of wide availability before this outage on ROP about T30. Now it seems half of space is gone
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:05 am

See the United Forum Discussion

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...g-sq-gone.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.