Thai 747 Routes

Old May 15, 18, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Thai 747 Routes

With the withdrawal of the 747 from the BKK-HKG service, I would be grateful if you could suggest routes where I can still fly the 747 with the first class cabin (suites)?

I could find occasional 747 service to Phuket and also daily service to Mumbai - however these 747s are configured with pods rather than suites in first class (and are sold as business class, which is fine as long as I can choose a seat in the first cabin).

Thank you for your ideas.
Old May 15, 18, 11:35 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Aquitania View Post
With the withdrawal of the 747 from the BKK-HKG service, I would be grateful if you could suggest routes where I can still fly the 747 with the first class cabin (suites)?

I could find occasional 747 service to Phuket and also daily service to Mumbai - however these 747s are configured with pods rather than suites in first class (and are sold as business class, which is fine as long as I can choose a seat in the first cabin).

Thank you for your ideas.
Well, TG will manage the 747 fleet as a single 'type' swapping the 10F (pod) and 9F (suite) as required. This may be a 'fools errand' to try and snare a specific layout with one roll of the dice.

The 747 is used for BKK-SYD, and some Japan and Europe routes - but you would be paying for a full 'F' experience. I read into your request that you's be happy just to fly in the F cabin with J service?
Old May 15, 18, 7:42 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
regular a 747 (normally the version with suites) have the routes to MUC and HND
Old May 15, 18, 9:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
regular a 747 (normally the version with suites) have the routes to MUC and HND
I wouldnít risk it as 2 out of 7 in the last week of those routes were 10F and not 9F.
Old May 15, 18, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Aquitania View Post
The cheapest option is to fly to HKT in J on a 747/9F and at checkin get a suite. They do have them from time to time.
Basically, TG201/2 is scheduled as 747.
You can buy a flex J ticket and not board the a/c if you find that itís the wrong one and then cancel and reschedule to a new date in the future for free. You can even not checkin if you find at checkin counter that you donít get what you want.
Current 747/9F fleet is HS-TGA/B/F/G/Z.
Old May 15, 18, 11:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by flyerby View Post
You can buy a flex J ticket and not board the a/c if you find that itís the wrong one and then cancel and reschedule to a new date in the future for free. You can even not checkin if you find at checkin counter that you donít get what you want.
Haha, what a hassle to get on a 9F suite flight. IMO the difference for a 1Ĺ hour domestic flight is hardly worth even thinking about which a/c will perform the flight.

Maybe for HND or SYD but even in the 10F seat version the OP will be fine.
Old May 15, 18, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Haha, what a hassle to get on a 9F suite flight. IMO the difference for a 1Ĺ hour domestic flight is hardly worth even thinking about which a/c will perform the flight.
It can actually be 2 domestic flights if the OP gets immediately on the return flight back to BKK
Old May 16, 18, 2:00 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Maybe for HND or SYD but even in the 10F seat version the OP will be fine.
exactly! for a day flight I actually prefer the 10F version
Old May 16, 18, 3:07 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by flyerby View Post

It can actually be 2 domestic flights if the OP gets immediately on the return flight back to BKK
Done that a few times... just because :-)
Old May 16, 18, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your kind replies and guidance. Phuket might be a bit too short - but let's see!
Old May 16, 18, 5:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Throw your dice and hope to get 9F for BKK-SYD/HND/MUC!
Old May 16, 18, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Throw your dice and hope to get 9F for BKK-SYD/HND/MUC!
If OP goes RT then the odds to experience the suites increase immensely to 92%.

Last edited by flyerby; May 16, 18 at 8:24 am
Old May 23, 18, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
....The 747 is used for BKK-SYD, and some Japan and Europe routes - but you would be paying for a full 'F' experience. I read into your request that you's be happy just to fly in the F cabin with J service?
How about BKK-MEL? What airframe? I love flying the Queen, but doubt it will happen to MEL in mid-June ....
Old May 23, 18, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by tmac100 View Post
How about BKK-MEL? What airframe? I love flying the Queen, but doubt it will happen to MEL in mid-June ....
You wonít see 747 to MEL. A350 is on this route.
Old Jun 4, 18, 12:43 am

TG has improved the chance of going with suites on 747 (aka 747/9F) on the SYD and MUC routes.
In fact on TG475/6 it was all 747/9F since Apr. 30.

Search this Thread