Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Partner Award Ticket - Middle Name Left off Reservation

Old May 13, 18, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I have a partner award ticket in business through ANA that flies on Thai Airways for part of the trip. I will be flying Thai from Auckland to Bangkok. My ticket reservation has my full first and last name, but left off my middle name. My passport has my middle name on it. Does anyone know Thai's policy regarding the middle name not being on the reservation, but on the passport? I've heard different stories about passports and tickets being required to have the exact same information or boarding may be denied. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful!
Old May 13, 18, 12:43 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM View Post
Hi All,

I have a partner award ticket in business through ANA that flies on Thai Airways for part of the trip. I will be flying Thai from Auckland to Bangkok. My ticket reservation has my full first and last name, but left off my middle name. My passport has my middle name on it. Does anyone know Thai's policy regarding the middle name not being on the reservation, but on the passport? I've heard different stories about passports and tickets being required to have the exact same information or boarding may be denied. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful!
Not a problem. My experience on THAI is that middle name is optional. My FF account doesnít even include my middle name (my PP does) and I have never had an issue since first flying THAI in 1985.
Old May 13, 18, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post

Not a problem. My experience on THAI is that middle name is optional. My FF account doesnít even include my middle name (my PP does) and I have never had an issue since first flying THAI in 1985.
That is a HUGE relief. I called ANA and Singapore for the other segments of my flight and they said it would be fine, but they recommended I call Thai to check their policies. Thai customer service is closed today, so was very unsure!
Old May 13, 18, 8:35 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have never used my middle name in flight reservations and have never had any problems on several hundred Thai Airways flights as well as on other airlines
Old May 13, 18, 9:33 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Same here. Never used in any flight. In fact, itís recommended for FFP purposes not to use your middle name (in flights and in FFP)
For visa applications, I always used my middle name.
Old May 15, 18, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Same as others on here - I have my middle name on tickets maybe less than 50% of the time. Never been an issue (touch wood!)

IIRC there was some story in the news recently about a low cost carrier from the states (WOW Air or something?) that refused a whole bunch of poeple travel because their middle names weren't on their tickets. But the theory behind that is that they were overbooked and just looking for any excuse to deny travel.
Old May 20, 18, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I purposefully avoid middle names in tickets. Too much hustle in managing of bookings, has zero effect on your identification.
BinSabai likes this.

Search this Thread