Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USM Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Good luck, but I think you may be out of luck here. PG is not Star Alliance, so I suspect your award booking will only get you as far as BKK.
Luck? for sure TG will not care as it is UA's award...
Old May 31, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I guess one or both of you missed my edit.(granted it was only 2 min before restlessiRNO's post) You are correct that TG doesn't care about my UA award. We could take it to HKT to get a slightly cheaper PG flight to USM, but will probably just stick to BKK and maybe add an extra night there. Mai Pen Rai.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Were these paid flights or an award?
Paid flights, unable to edit booking via booking number and only got an email informing us of change.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:02 am

I had two rt flights BKK-USM on TG this year and all four legs were almost sold out - with prices higher than to i.e. HKT. My reason for flying TG are the 1000 M&M miles per leg.

I don't think, that PG does legal tricks to prevent TG from operating USM. Covered by the military gouvernment TG could do what they want to do anyway. I asume, that the reason is corruption. Yes, I know, that is not a flash of genius as almost everything is based on corruption in Thailand these days.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by thbe
I had two rt flights BKK-USM on TG this year and all four legs were almost sold out - with prices higher than to i.e. HKT. My reason for flying TG are the 1000 M&M miles per leg.

I don't think, that PG does legal tricks to prevent TG from operating USM. Covered by the military gouvernment TG could do what they want to do anyway. I asume, that the reason is corruption. Yes, I know, that is not a flash of genius as almost everything is based on corruption in Thailand these days.
so what is your story or hypothesis in this case?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
so what is your story or hypothesis in this case?
An old man, who belongs to a very rich and powerful Thai family, had that idea for what reason ever and talked about it to another old man, who belongs to another very rich and powerful Thai family, and they both agreed about it.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:35 am

An old man, who belongs to a very rich and powerful Thai family, had that idea for what reason ever and talked about it to another old man, who belongs to another very rich and powerful Thai family, and they both agreed about it.
but there need to be a plot behind, as who paid to whom for what reason...
the old assumptions that everything in Thailand involves corruption is getting boring...
even when mentioned by influential figures...
any speculation?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
but there need to be a plot behind, as who paid to whom for what reason...
the old assumptions that everything in Thailand involves corruption is getting boring...
even when mentioned by influential figures...
any speculation?
Truth doesn't have to be exciting. Most likely things are most likely borng.

But ok. My speculation: One of the girlfriends (the favorite one) of one of the Deputy Minister of Transport got saved her life at the Bangkok Heart Hospital. That Deputy Minister of Transport wanted to thank the hospital's owner and thought, it could be a nice gesture to support the owner's airline by cancelling two flights a day of the national airline on a competitive route. He talked to his minster about that and after they agreed, that they both have very beautiful girlfriends, they decided to do that.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:08 pm

Truth doesn't have to be exciting. Most likely things are most likely borng.
But ok. My speculation: One of the girlfriends (the favorite one) of one of the Deputy Minister of Transport got saved her life at the Bangkok Heart Hospital. That Deputy Minister of Transport wanted to thank the hospital's owner and thought, it could be a nice gesture to support the owner's airline by cancelling two flights a day of the national airline on a competitive route. He talked to his minster about that and after they agreed, that they both have very beautiful girlfriends, they decided to do that.
hahaha
you got at least the part right that the same person owns Bangkok Airways and Bangkok Hospitals
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Is this purely because the 737's are due to be put down, and they have no suitable craft?
Looks like there's no plural here. One single 734, built in 1993, runs every TG service BKK-USM-BKK. (HS-TDG)

When I flew USM-BKK recently, it immediately crossed my mind as to how long even TG would keep a single plane running when they have no others of that model in service. That cost must get prohibitive eventually and if it breaks down, then what?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Looks like there's no plural here. One single 734, built in 1993, runs every TG service BKK-USM-BKK. (HS-TDG)

When I flew USM-BKK recently, it immediately crossed my mind as to how long even TG would keep a single plane running when they have no others of that model in service. That cost must get prohibitive eventually and if it breaks down, then what?
I think they have still two of this type, HS-TDD and HS-TDG, but currently only the latter in operation, doing 4 flight (two times back and forth) a day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.