Rumour - New Business Class Seat A330

​​
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
another type of J seats? amazing!
davidj1 and TTC192Rocket like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Isn't that the Vantage seat? Think Swiss, Austrian, Finnair A330, JAL 767, etc....
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Isn't that the Vantage seat? Think Swiss, Austrian, Finnair A330, JAL 767, etc....
yes looks similar then the one I had on Austrian and Swiss. and that would be one of the so called throne seats
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes looks similar then the one I had on Austrian and Swiss. and that would be one of the so called throne seats
Not a bad seat, but also not outstanding
royng likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:36 am

Not a bad seat, but also not outstanding
disadvantage: very small footwell, in particular the throne seats
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
disadvantage: very small footwell, in particular the throne seats
Bulkhead throne seat on Swiss doed not suffer from that problem, assume it would be the same on other airlines.

I think that the shoulder width on the throne seats are more of a problem.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:44 am

Bulkhead throne seat on Swiss doed not suffer from that problem, assume it would be the same on other airlines.

I think that the shoulder width on the throne seats are more of a problem.
you are correct that bulkheads have larger footwell also on Austrian
did not have problems with the shoulder width
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
This looks like the seat MH have on their refurbished A330s - in a slight odd staggered 2-2-1 and 1-2-2 alternating configuration.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
This looks like the seat MH have on their refurbished A330s - in a slight odd staggered 2-2-1 and 1-2-2 alternating configuration.
After a bit of Google research, it does kind of look like MH. Though it in turn looks like an adapted Vantage seat. Not sure though, I could not find a mention of the manufacturer for MH.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: TG Royal Orchid Plus
I wouldn't mind them choosing the Vantage seat. It's a perfectly comfortable seat for both short and long haul flights.

What we don't know is, of corse; wether this is true or not. We don't know where thy could possibly get the information from, except from TG itself.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I still don't understand TG's rationale behind having all these different seat types I'm not a huge fan of the Vantage seats - I found the footwell on OS' 772s way too small for my liking - but I suppose it will be better than the current angle-flats.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I still don't understand TG's rationale behind having all these different seat types I'm not a huge fan of the Vantage seats - I found the footwell on OS' 772s way too small for my liking - but I suppose it will be better than the current angle-flats.
Probably because the seats TG uses on 77W/A380 are not certified for A330 and other various reason, ie. weight, size & configuration, etc.

Folks... If this is true, bare in mind that this is a "retrofit" - it would be far better than what is currently installed - so being a bit tight here and there (shoulders or foot well) is so very minor!
Old May 1, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by kittiyut
Probably because the seats TG uses on 77W/A380 are not certified for A330 and other various reason, ie. weight, size & configuration, etc.
Folks... If this is true, bare in mind that this is a "retrofit" - it would be far better than what is currently installed - so being a bit tight here and there (shoulders or foot well) is so very minor!
for me the current angle flat seats are really sufficient for any flight up to 4 hours, except it is a red eyes
and i believe that A330 are now mostly used on short haul flights up to 2-3 hours and maybe some mid haul destinations in middle east or south asia, which I seldom fly
so not sure whether such an investment makes sense at all or the money would be better used for other things
Old May 2, 2018, 3:22 am

I would prefer a lie flat seat any day of the week on any length flight over Thais’s angle flat. Three cheers for Thai on finally moving forwards with this retrofit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.