FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   TG's move to T3 @ CGK 1st May (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1905794-tgs-move-t3-cgk-1st-may.html)

dinbangkok Apr 24, 2018 9:16 am

TG's move to T3 @ CGK 1st May

I checked into a flight to BKK on TG yesterday and realised it'd be my last ever on TG from T2 @ CGK as they'll be making the big move to the 'new' Terminal 3 on 1st May alongside all other remaining international airlines. I asked the check-in guys what lounge they'd be using and I'm sure they said 'Plaza'... but can't find anything online with that name. If anyone has any additional information, do share!

IluvSQ May 1, 2018 8:05 am

I have a flight May 12 CGK-BKK, and my confirmations says T2.
I had better double check...

shuuy May 1, 2018 9:52 pm

I'm landing in CGK tomorrow and was advised we arrive in T3.

Which means no fast track service for visa-on-arrival required for business meetings ...

Thaikwai May 3, 2018 9:25 am

Tell them you are coming for your friends wedding and don't bother with the VOA.....works every time for me......

Thaikwai May 3, 2018 9:30 am

Originally Posted by dinbangkok (Post 29678350)
I checked into a flight to BKK on TG yesterday and realised it'd be my last ever on TG from T2 @ CGK as they'll be making the big move to the 'new' Terminal 3 on 1st May alongside all other remaining international airlines. I asked the check-in guys what lounge they'd be using and I'm sure they said 'Plaza'... but can't find anything online with that name. If anyone has any additional information, do share!

Any lounge in T 3 must be better than the crappy Emerald Lounge or Plaza Premium, whatever its called in T2...by far the worst TG lounge anywhere. But TG will buy access to the cheapest possible lounge, as they always seem to do, and they won't include Fast Track security or Immigration service like Garuda, SQ, Etihad, Emirates etc....all the serious airlines, do/did at T2

IluvSQ May 11, 2018 10:29 pm

I am sitting in the lounge awaiting TG434 today. The move to T3 is not a happy one for me.
Check-in today, in C class, took over 35 minutes. Although there are 2 check-in counters for business class and *G,
there is only one entrance to the two, and there were over 20 people in line when I got there. It was a 35 minute wait to check in.
Although there is no Fast Track provided, I have the APEC card, and was through security and immigration in 5 minutes.
Then I walked. And walked, And walked. Following the signs for the lounge led to a dead end. Backtracked, and tried again.
This terminal has more walking than BKK, is very poorly signed, and A/C does not seem to be working. By the time I got
to the Plaza Premium lounge that TG is using, I was sweating like a pig. Lounge is mediocre at best - honestly I prefer the
ancient and decrepit lounges in T2. Only the Wifi is better here. I am glad my next 2 flights out of CGK will be on airlines
still in T2.

At boarding gate, with departure delayed more than 30 minutes, there was not a single announcement about the delay.
And the lineup for Business Class/*Gold was longer than any other zone - maybe 90 people for a 36 seat business class.
Boarding was, no need to say, a mess.