TG F from Paris

Old Feb 25, 18, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
TG F from Paris

I already flew TG F to Paris but never from CDG.

I understand there is a Staralliance Lounge with a F section; at least they have an F section in opposite to FRA or MUC, where TG F passengers are not allowed to LH's F Lounges
- is it much better then J section and also better as the usual Senator Lounges, departing from FRA, MUC, VIE or ZRH?
- i understand the lounge is BEFORE security; what time is usually needed for the security and is there any fast track for F passengers?

any recommendation for Preorder meal from CDG?

is it convenient to take RER to CDG with normal luggage (not just carry on); the hotel is very close to RER Station

any other hint or recommendation?
Old Feb 25, 18, 11:32 pm

The First Class Section in the CDG Star Alliance Lounge is about 70-80 squaremeter, very cozy and inviting but nothing to write home about.
It is very quiet at times when the business class lounge is overcrowded. There is a small buffet, drink station and seperate toilets.

We usually leave about 15 minutes before boarding which leaves ample time before it starts.

My only recommendation would be: pack what you need on the day of arrival (my luggage always gets lost in CDG)

BinSabai and Tokyoite like this.
Old Feb 26, 18, 12:59 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
is it convenient to take RER to CDG with normal luggage (not just carry on); the hotel is very close to RER Station
Yes, cheapest, fastest and most reliable option - depending on CDG Terminal, you may need to use CDGVAL or free shuttle between the RER station and terminal (By public transport).
Old Feb 26, 18, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
Yes, cheapest, fastest and most reliable option - depending on CDG Terminal, you may need to use CDGVAL or free shuttle between the RER station and terminal (By public transport).
TG arrives and departs at terminal 1; isn't that within walking distance to station 1 of RER?
Old Feb 26, 18, 1:36 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
RER Roissypole Gare is fair bit of walk (close to 2 kms) from the T1... So the free CDGVAL is definitely your best friend... See Terminals' map of Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport - Paris-Aéroport
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 26, 18, 2:26 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
- i understand the lounge is BEFORE security; what time is usually needed for the security and is there any fast track for F passengers?
It's a bit of a cluster**** in my experience! The crowds at the gate security are backed right up to the moving travelator...so you reach the end with nowhere to go except straight into a crowd of people who refuse to move. I think there was some kind of premium option but very poorly organised.

Onboard they took orders for pre-departure Dom....then came back and said they are not able to serve alcohol on the ground at CDG (this was in Aug 2017)...seemed like an unlikely story to me!
BinSabai and Tokyoite like this.
Old Feb 27, 18, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba View Post
Onboard they took orders for pre-departure Dom....then came back and said they are not able to serve alcohol on the ground at CDG (this was in Aug 2017)...seemed like an unlikely story to me!
This has been discussed somewhere else and I think about another airport (in USA? maybe) and apparently it is related to taxes etc... Long time ago when I was last time in the back of the bus, I remember OS flight crew offering drinks from C in Y because they could not land with open bottles - apparently they would have to empty them to the drain... Again after having chat with them it had to do something with taxes etc. So I would say it could be a plausible story...
Old Feb 27, 18, 2:05 am
Original Poster

in SIN you do not get alcohol served on ground for many years. Can't recall any other! In Paris really no alcohol served in the plane on ground? can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 27, 18, 4:15 am

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
in SIN you do not get alcohol served on ground for many years. Can't recall any other! In Paris really no alcohol served in the plane on ground? can anyone confirm?
I confirm no alcohol on the ground in Paris for TG. Same for QR or other foreign airlines .
Apparently it is a tax or duty issue , or so I have been told .
Old Feb 27, 18, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lament View Post
I confirm no alcohol on the ground in Paris for TG. Same for QR or other foreign airlines .
Apparently it is a tax or duty issue , or so I have been told .
thanks Lament!
Old Feb 27, 18, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

anyone any recommendation for preorder meal from CDG; what is the Catering there good at?
Old Feb 27, 18, 9:02 pm

I departed from SIN four times (on SQ) and two times (on LH) last year and was always served Champagne as soon as I boarded.
Old Feb 27, 18, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
I departed from SIN four times (on SQ) and two times (on LH) last year and was always served Champagne as soon as I boarded.
i was talking about TG on ground at SIN: no alcohol for years!
China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc. and of course at the home hub you get. In Europe also at FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE etc. you get
Old Feb 28, 18, 12:49 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc. and of course at the home hub you get. In Europe also at FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE etc. you get
It almost sounds as if SIN and CDG (well Singapore/France) have an alcohol licensing requirement/fee that THAI is not willing to pay, but others are....
Old Feb 28, 18, 1:59 am

OK, I did not get that from your post - you need to be more specific... People here are not mind readers...
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
It almost sounds as if SIN and CDG (well Singapore/France) have an alcohol licensing requirement/fee that THAI is not willing to pay, but others are....
Sounds like that...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: