Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

LHR ground staff now subcontracted and dreadful

LHR ground staff now subcontracted and dreadful

Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
I'd forward this report to TG. The service you describe from the LHR contracted personnel is not remotely the kind of service I'd expect from TG, and it is not something I'd expect them to consider acceptable.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by zarkov505
I'd forward this report to TG. The service you describe from the LHR contracted personnel is not remotely the kind of service I'd expect from TG, and it is not something I'd expect them to consider acceptable.
which Report?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Airways ROP *G; British Airways Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by zarkov505
I emailed them today and will let everyone know their response (I also complimented them on the excellent service I received from the London reservations office and the BKK-CGK cabin crew). The new LHR agents need to seriously up their game and I think it's a BIG mistake that there don't seem to be any native Thai speakers there now either. First impressions count.
zarkov505 and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:47 am
Original Poster

your message (to customer services) was deleted without being read

oh dear...

Last edited by dinbangkok; Feb 25, 2018 at 5:48 am Reason: not finished post
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BRK-B
Try ROP GOLD helpline e-mail.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:52 am

it does not mean that they did not read and deleted it by intention!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

A well articulated reply

Originally Posted by BinSabai
it does not mean that they did not read and deleted it by intention!
I stand corrected, you are absolutely right BinSabai

Here's the response I received this morning:

====
Thank you for your email regarding your flights on board (London-Bangkok-Jakarta) on 8 and 9 February 2018.

It is delightful to receive such a commendation of our in-flight service on board TG433 from Bangkok to Jakarta on 9 February 2018 and to learn that particular aspects of service of our London ticketing office added an extra sparkle to your experience during your flight on this occasion. Your appreciative email is a form of recognition for our staff’s outstanding work, and will be forwarded to the relevant department in acknowledgement of the quality of their performance.

However, we are very concerned to learn that there was the disruption of your experience while checking in for your flight TG911 from London to Bangkok on 8 February 2018. We quite understand how frustrating it was for you in the circumstances and please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. We do value your comments and will direct them to the responsible units for their attention, so that they will look into the matter and take action as necessary. Indeed, we do appreciate your taking the time to write as it is through such feedback we are able to monitor our service.

It is a privilege and joy to provide service to you. We look forward to your continued patronage and trust that your next flight with THAI will be pleasant and comfortable as much as possible.

Sincerely yours,

====
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:03 pm

dinbangkok, are you satisfied with the response?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
dinbangkok, are you satisfied with the response?
I'm fine with it. It's well written and I'm not seeking any kind of compensation as after all I didn't suffer any material loss in the end. I have written before with compliments on service and will always make a point of doing so if I feel the service warrants comment. I hope with regard to London ground staff that they take it as seriously as they suggest they do as it seriously lets them down in a city which I'd imagine is extremely important to them.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Plus *A Silver
The LHR T2 economy check in is awful... I’ve had pretty comical experiences there. Self service for 6 airlines with the staff to assist clearly struggling. The queue management was a joke. I feel embarrassed for travelers from other countries that have to endure this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Cuba64
The LHR T2 economy check in is awful... I’ve had pretty comical experiences there. Self service for 6 airlines with the staff to assist clearly struggling. The queue management was a joke. I feel embarrassed for travelers from other countries that have to endure this.

Check in is one of the weak spots of LHR T2. I can see why they divided it into four zones but as the whole terminal is *A plus EI I don't know why they had to be so rigid about the zones particularly as Y passengers with no status have to use the machines and bag drop. You can get huge queues in one zone while another zone is quiet just meters away. The premium check in for which you have to pass through the economy zone is a bit better but sometimes negotiating the economy zone to get to the premium zone is a challenge.

Most airlines then have a number of desks open for premium passengers and there is rarely much of a wait except for LH. When T2 opened I remember asking a number of the staff on the premium desks how they liked their new work place and was surprised that most said that while the environment was a big improvement they often found they were doing nothing at the premium desks but had to watch people struggle with economy check in when they would rather have been helping.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:19 am
Gus

I have now attained the dizzy heights of Royal Orchid Silver, and BKK check in put Priority tags on my baggage, on my return flight I left the tag on and the baggage check in staff informed me at LHR that the Priority scheme was not valid at Heathrow.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Plus *A Silver
Don’t think silver gives you any real privileges other than extra baggage allowance.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Gus
I have now attained the dizzy heights of Royal Orchid Silver, and BKK check in put Priority tags on my baggage, on my return flight I left the tag on and the baggage check in staff informed me at LHR that the Priority scheme was not valid at Heathrow.
From the THAI website on Silver benefits when travelling on THAI (not other *A):

Exclusively on THAI
3,000 Threshold Bonus Miles each time Silver status is attained or retained.
Priority Baggage Handling
Additional Baggage Allowance - 10 kgs. (except when the piece concept applies and may not be available at all THAI destinations)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
From the THAI website on Silver benefits when travelling on THAI (not other *A):
This is going to make me sound really old, but anyway: Oh dear, they dish out priority luggage to ROP Silver nowadays? - No wonder priority handling is useless then!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.