Bulkhead Seat Selection ( without babies)

Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Bulkhead Seat Selection ( without babies)

Hi got some flights coming up in Y and looking to get your expertise on seat selection. many thanks for any help

A380 - best seats for 2 adults/2kids?
Able to reserve online 75defg - do these have more space. Otherwise very happy with other 2x2 upstairs
A350-900 is 31c very noisy. are seats further back better, or is there more legroom up there.
On the TG910 Boeing 777-300
able to reserve 31 defh - do these offer extra space? would they get taken off us by passengers with babies?

cheers
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Thai
For the A380, upstairs Y best seats are row 75 (4 middle seats) and 76 for the 2 windows seats (which is great for pairs). A ton of extra legroom. I've got them booked for a trip from BKK to Paris this Summer.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:33 am
Original Poster

was worried that the bulkhead seats would be reallocated to pax with babies. can that happen
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dave111
was worried that the bulkhead seats would be reallocated to pax with babies. can that happen
of ourse that could happen - where else could another family with infants be 'seated'? this is always a consideration when seeking a bulkhead seat. not all bulkhead seats have bassinet fixtures, so you would be less likely to be moved.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:51 pm

I asked a friend that works for Thai if I could get kicked out of row 76 and he said, No, those seats are not Bassinet equipped.
dave111 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:46 am
Original Poster

do you still get decent AVOD on bulkhead seats?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well the screen is fixed in the bulkhead so the angle cannot be adjusted, and it is somewhat further away from your face, but otherwise the experience is the same.

As to whether the this could be ‘decent AVOD’ - this is subjective!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Some TG bulkhead screens are on an arm that extends up from between the seats and must be stowed during takeoff and landing (so you don't get to watch the takeoff / landing camera on the tail, or movies until cruising altitude). The screens are also a little smaller than all the others, and in a different eye line.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timster
Some TG bulkhead screens are on an arm that extends up from between the seats and must be stowed during takeoff and landing (so you don't get to watch the takeoff / landing camera on the tail, or movies until cruising altitude). The screens are also a little smaller than all the others, and in a different eye line.
Good correction/clarification timster. I think I 'blurred' my recollection with the (information) screens that are located on bulkheads on some aircraft (which also have the fold-up small screens).
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:30 pm

Now that Netflix lets you download many shows to watch later without an internet connection, I never use the AVOD anymore. I prefer the better picture quality and sound on my 12" iPad.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:27 am
Original Poster

thanks - with kids they probably preder avod to seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.