Compensation for lost luggage

Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Compensation for lost luggage

My son arrived after flying LHR-FRA-BKK-SYD on TG. The first leg was on LH from LHR-FRA, then TG FRA-BKK-SYD. His luggage never left LHR and will take 24 hours to 48 hours to arrive. How does he go about getting compensation for the clothes and toiletries he needs to acquire until his luggage arrives? The airline provided contact details for the delated luggage but no information on reimbursement for the items he needs until his luggage arrives.

Also, I am assuming he contacts TG since they were the last carrier (and they then pass on the claim to LH).

I looked on the web but was unable to find the link for TG claims.

Thank you for your help.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Definitely the last carrier. Regardless of fault, TG will handle reimbursements (not compensation). For a short delay such as this, he should purchase necessities and keep receipts. Presumably he has the first few days of clothing in his carry-ons, so it won't be more than some shampoo and the like.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Yes meant reimbursement.

The only things in his carryon was his computer and passports. We will keep the receipts for socks, underwear and shirt. We went to a discount store. He is 19 so the concept of extra items in his carryon is "foreign" to him. We are staying with family so toiletries are not an issue.

I am still confused about how to claim the reimbursement.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Thank you. Yes meant reimbursement.

The only things in his carryon was his computer and passports. We will keep the receipts for socks, underwear and shirt. We went to a discount store. He is 19 so the concept of extra items in his carryon is "foreign" to him. We are staying with family so toiletries are not an issue.

I am still confused about how to claim the reimbursement.
Normally this would be something you'd ask at the airport while filling out the claim form... along with how much you are entitled to spend and how to claim. Given it's your 19 year old son I guess he can be forgiven

Just call TG's Sydney office, they're helpful and will tell you how to go about the claim.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
usually in case of such delays you get a star alliance kit (with toiletries, t-shirt etc.) and a certain amount, 100 USD or so...did your son not get anything? did he ask for anything?
as suggested he should contact TG Office in Sydney
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:58 am
Original Poster

All good now. Contacted TG via web at "Contact Us" who routed it to SYD TG CS. They responded quite quickly and have agreed to reasonable reimbursement.

Lost luggage turned up at SYD address (family) just shy of 48 hours after his arrival.

Thank you for all the information. Very impressed with TG especially since LH did not originally put the luggage on the first leg of the flight.

My son did not ask for anything (he is 19).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
All good now. Contacted TG via web at "Contact Us" who routed it to SYD TG CS. They responded quite quickly and have agreed to reasonable reimbursement.

Lost luggage turned up at SYD address (family) just shy of 48 hours after his arrival.

Thank you for all the information. Very impressed with TG especially since LH did not originally put the luggage on the first leg of the flight.

My son did not ask for anything (he is 19).
glad to hear, your son's problems are solved and good that TG could impress with a good service

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.