Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class BKK lounge advice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA Gold, SWA, Lifemiles, Emirates, Amex Plat.
First class BKK lounge advice

How long of a layover is necessary to thoroughly enjoy the first Thai First lounge in Bangkok??
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:35 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
It's a quiet haven so best enjoyed at a relaxing pace.

You can have a one hour spa treatment in the Spa across the corridor, after which a drink in a comfy private corner before moving to the dining area to enjoy something from the a la carte menu. Time then to relax before you are accompanied to your flight.

Three hours would be good.

Sadly, the timings of connecting flights have meant my visits have been somewhat more rushed.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:04 am

The lounge is nice, the massage is a bit special. But then the private rooms are not private - they open to the main lounge area and are quite noisy (you hear all the announcements from the terminal since there is no real wall to the main terminal. Food is limited and edible, but nothing to write home about it.
The lounge is nowhere near what LH offers in FRA/MUC, LX in ZRH, AF in CDG or CX in HKG.

If it is your first time and you can get the massage then the recommended 3 hours is already plenty.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the F Lounge is certainly better then all the J Lounges in BKK or anywhere and as good or better then most F Lounges with above exceptions (plus SQ in SIN). But I would not extend layovers or come earlier just to stay in this Lounge....
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BinSabai
the F Lounge is certainly better then all the J Lounges in BKK or anywhere and as good or better then most F Lounges with above exceptions (plus SQ in SIN). But I would not extend layovers or come earlier just to stay in this Lounge....
Yes, I would certainly agree. Three hours is more than adequate. But it is light years ahead of TG's J lounges. (I would also add QF's F lounge in SYD as one of the aspirational lounges).
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

I have visited Qantas First in LAX, FRA LH First Terminal and Louge as well as MUC LH First. I am looking forward to the hour spa appointment. Heading through Thailand from Munich back to Los Angeles, a massage is just what I will need after a week at Oktoberfest!
I worry if my flight from Munich is delayed at all we probably will not be able to treatments. This will mean staying one extra day in Munich or flying (dreaded) economy from BKK to HKT.

Just in case, if I arrive on international First from Munich to BKK with a layover, I can still use the First lounge right?????
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Does the Thai FC lounge have a smoking section or is it a walk to one of the gates for a ciggie ?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by chelseastu
Does the Thai FC lounge have a smoking section or is it a walk to one of the gates for a ciggie ?
they have a small smoking room. I usually do not see People staying there for a long time but you could of course take drinks inside. Much more pleasant then the usual smoking rooms at the gates. And J lounges do not have any
chelseastu likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by legallyblond
Just in case, if I arrive on international First from Munich to BKK with a layover, I can still use the First lounge right?????
yes if you leave on a *A flight. however massage only if you leave with TG, 60 min if you leave in F, 30 min if you leave in J
exceptions sometimes granted by lounge dragons
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes if you leave on a *A flight. however massage only if you leave with TG, 60 min if you leave in F, 30 min if you leave in J
exceptions sometimes granted by lounge dragons
Thanks
After arriving in First from Munich I am leaving Bangkok to Phuket in J same day.
Any suggestions on how to woo the lounge dragon?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks
After arriving in First from Munich I am leaving Bangkok to Phuket in J same day.
Domestic departures does not work for F lounge access. It is on the international concourse. The domestic J lounge is not impressive.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:47 am

Thanks
the given Information is only valid for international transit. If you fly to Phuket, you have to go through transit Immigration and proceed to domestic area, where the only option is the domestic lounge without spa and without alcoholic beverage
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

ugh, that sucks!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:35 pm

I'd say atleast 4 hours
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
ugh, that sucks!
It doesn't really. The massage is about 10% of any decent massage you get outside in the real world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.