Thai Food and Beverage menu in J

Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
you will find it in the menu flyer on the plane!
since TG changed to the new service (samrap Thai) there are no preselected menus anymore. However you can still order Special meals like veg, muslim, kosher, hindu etc.
So samrap is now standard on all international J cabins? I'll probably stick to my preordered salmon with squid ink pasta then. After 2.5 weeks in Asia, western food with champagne kinda sounds good.

Has anyone had this before?

SEARED SALMON WITH TARAGON CREAM SAUCE : A DISH OF SALMON STEAK IS MARINATED WITH OLIVE OIL, SALT THEN GRILLED AND SERVED WITH TARAGON CREAM SAUCE MADE OF FRESH TARAGON AND SHALLOT CHOPPED/ CREAM/ RED WINE/ WHITE WINE ACCOM BY SQUID INK LINGUINI PASTE, BUTTERED NEEDLE BEAN (KENYA BEAN) AND CARROT.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by petey2428
So samrap is now standard on all international J cabins? I'll probably stick to my preordered salmon with squid ink pasta then. After 2.5 weeks in Asia, western food with champagne kinda sounds good.

Has anyone had this before?

SEARED SALMON WITH TARAGON CREAM SAUCE : A DISH OF SALMON STEAK IS MARINATED WITH OLIVE OIL, SALT THEN GRILLED AND SERVED WITH TARAGON CREAM SAUCE MADE OF FRESH TARAGON AND SHALLOT CHOPPED/ CREAM/ RED WINE/ WHITE WINE ACCOM BY SQUID INK LINGUINI PASTE, BUTTERED NEEDLE BEAN (KENYA BEAN) AND CARROT.
I did not claim that the samrap is available on all international flights. It was introduced for mid to long haul flight (from BKK to Japan up). on short haul, there is still service from the trolley; not sure from where it starts. It might also depend on the Crew. Why not start a new thread where frequent TG J Flyers could share their experience.

yes I had this seared salmon with taragon cream sauce. taste is quite good. however I am not so sure whether the salmon comes from a farm or is a wild one
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I did not claim that the samrap is available on all international flights. It was introduced for mid to long haul flight (from BKK to Japan up). on short haul, there is still service from the trolley; not sure from where it starts. It might also depend on the Crew. Why not start a new thread where frequent TG J Flyers could share their experience.

yes I had this seared salmon with taragon cream sauce. taste is quite good. however I am not so sure whether the salmon comes from a farm or is a wild one
I noticed that there was Samrap service on shorter fligts too- 10 days ago I took a round trip to HKG and there was no more trolley service. 4 choices- Thai, Chinese, Western and Vegetarian.

Also flown LHR (Dec) and FRA (FRA) and definitely cut backs for mid-flight snacks options.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by kinchai
I noticed that there was Samrap service on shorter fligts too- 10 days ago I took a round trip to HKG and there was no more trolley service. 4 choices- Thai, Chinese, Western and Vegetarian.
must be a huge stress for the crews if they decide to serve without trolleys (as said on such shorter flights it seems to depend on Crew). There are still several courses to be served...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:04 pm

Update: SEARED SALMON WITH TARAGON CREAM SAUCE was absolutely disgusting. I am not a picky eater at all, but the salmon tasted off (chemically, for some reason). It was the worst thing I've ever had on the plane in any class (economy included). Thankfully they had some leftover samrap, so they fed me well. (Totally separate: the crew was top-notched! SUPER nice and friendly.)
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by dave31
I have not travelled with Thai for some time but found their food to be reasonable quality when you could pre order your meal of choice. I recently booked a ticket in Biz on the A380 LHR-BKK route and see that the facility for pre ordering no longer exists. I am not a huge fan of Thai food so am unlikely to request the samrab. Would be interested to hear of any Western style food offerings particularly on this route, if menus are frequently changed and what wines are being served. Have flown recently a few times with Cathay, and although I enjoy their service, their wine selection is very poor for a premium carrier. I hope that Thai can do better? Am I correct in saying that the onboard bar area is in F only unlike Qatar and Etihad? Any other general pieces of advice gratefully received.
How did you pre-ordered food in menu? Please share, I still don't know how to do it ))
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Waldor263
How did you pre-ordered food in menu? Please share, I still don't know how to do it ))
I think pre-order is only available in First Class, not in Business.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Waldor263
Go to Manage My Booking - Thai Special Services - Pre-order Meals
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
correct!
just "special meals" like vegetarian, the famous hindu vegetarian, muslim, kosher etc. are available for ALL classes, but there you pre-order just the type of meal and not the food.
the claim of an other poster that pre-order meals are usually better then what is on a normal menu is not always correct. the pre-order Steak Rossini ex BKK this week was horrible and the goose liver pat was only delivered after my complaint.
onboard bar area: the A380 would have one in front of F section, but many crews leave it totally empty and does not seem to care...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
This link seems to suggest it is available in Business: https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Ma...nopnrview.page
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:58 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
This link seems to suggest it is available in Business: https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Ma...nopnrview.page
Pre order is certainly available in Business. I just did it successfully for SIN-BKK-KTM-BKK-SIN.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by og
Pre order is certainly available in Business. I just did it successfully for SIN-BKK-KTM-BKK-SIN.
seems to be back indeed! Was not available for a while after introduction of the new Samrap Thai concept.
however several flights are excluded
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by og

Back indeed, and also buggy. AKL doesn’t show on the drop down list of originating cities and so presumably I could not pre-order, but TG492/491 AKL-BKK and vv are not on the list of ‘excluded’ flights (https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Ma...ing/CPOM.page?) .

I have had so-so experiences in pre-ordering (F or J) on a range of airlines, and just go with whatever is offered on the menu card these days.

BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 30, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:21 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Whilst my pre ordering was eventually delivered as per the order, one particular crew member insisted that the massaman beef I pre-ordered was actually a hindu special meal! There was a short stand-off until the crew member checked my BP with the manafest and agreed with my pre-order. I assume they scanned the list and failed to read it properly. But, consistently, the crew were calling the pre-orders as “special meals”.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by og
Whilst my pre ordering was eventually delivered as per the order, one particular crew member insisted that the massaman beef I pre-ordered was actually a hindu special meal! There was a short stand-off until the crew member checked my BP with the manafest and agreed with my pre-order. I assume they scanned the list and failed to read it properly. But, consistently, the crew were calling the pre-orders as special meals.
Beef as hindu special meal....that is a good one! Shows how little Knowledge some of the crew members have. the mix up of pre-order and special however is pretty common

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.