Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Food and Beverage menu in J

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BinSabai
seems to be back indeed! Was not available for a while after introduction of the new Samrap Thai concept.
however several flights are excluded
Not available on my BKK-Karachi-MCT flight How is the Hindu Veg meal? Is it superior to the standard Vegetarian (assuming it's probably some creamy pasta)...does it come with appetizers/salad, etc as starters like the standard meal?
Old May 30, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Not available on my BKK-Karachi-MCT flight How is the Hindu Veg meal? Is it superior to the standard Vegetarian (assuming it's probably some creamy pasta)...does it come with appetizers/salad, etc as starters like the standard meal?
Special meal comes with appetizers/salad/dessert as well. The Catering delivers it on one tray and it is then up to the crew how they handle and serve; have seen both, one after one or also all together on the tray...
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Tg462 mel-bkk

Hey folks,
I have an upcoming business class flight TG462 Melbourne - Bangkok, which leaves at 12:30am. Does anyone have any recent experience of what type of meal service they do? Is it a full dinner menu? Or is it more a small snack post departure & then breakfast as the main meal service? Thanks for your advice!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
I have an upcoming business class flight TG462 Melbourne - Bangkok, which leaves at 12:30am. Does anyone have any recent experience of what type of meal service they do? Is it a full dinner menu?
Still full dinner and full breakfast. Dinner is appetiser, main (choice of samrap Thai or a couple of western options) and dessert (choice of one Thai and one western). They start breakfast service about 2 hours before arrival, so having both meals is likely to reduce your hours of sleep.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Still full dinner and full breakfast. Dinner is appetiser, main (choice of samrap Thai or a couple of western options) and dessert (choice of one Thai and one western). They start breakfast service about 2 hours before arrival, so having both meals is likely to reduce your hours of sleep.
Thanks for the info - I'd probably go for dinner and skip breakfast as I can eat in the lounge on arrival.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
Thanks for the info - I'd probably go for dinner and skip breakfast as I can eat in the lounge on arrival.
TG has arrival lounges or you have a connecting flight?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
From TG facebook, special menus for TG633 and 635 until end August (TPE-BKK). No idea of what the rotation will be like though? June/July/Aug or two weeks of each rotating through?

Add gastronomical delight to your journey with special dishes on board by our Michelin-starred chef from Mandarin Oriental Taipei. Only available for Royal Silk Class passengers departing from Taipei to Bangkok on flights TG633 and TG635.

The following 6 enticing full course menus, comprised of 3 Asian menus and 3 Western menus, are served on board the aforementioned flights on a rotating basis until the end of August 2018:

Group 1

Asian Menu
- First course: Assorted meat, tofu, marinated Chaozho style
- Main course: Glazed sweet and sour Taiwanese black pork with fresh pineapple
- Dessert: Mango, pomelo, sago cream
- Side dishes: Stir-fried dried scallop, egg white, jasmine rice; seasonal vegetable sautéed with garlic

Western Menu
- First course: Smoked salmon with crostini, dill cream, and caviar
- Main course: Marinated Japanese beef, onion puree, seasonal vegetables, beef jus
- Dessert: Tropical fruit verrine with caramel mousse and milk chocolate crunch
- Assorted cheese
- Side dishes: Grilled polenta cake; bacon and truffle bread; miso brioche bun

Group 2

Asian Menu
- First course: Ginseng-marinated drunken chicken
- Main course: Sliced steamed giant garoupa with spring onion
- Dessert: Red bean soup
- Side dishes: Assorted vegetables with fungus, bamboo piths and noodles

Western Menu
- First course: Slow poached prawn, tomato consommé gelee, prunier caviar
- Main course: Roasted US prime beef tenderloin, rucola flan, crushed potato, mushroom jus
- Dessert: Pineapple panna cotta with strawberry jelly
- Assorted cheese
- Side dishes: Baked eggplant melanzana; mini ciabatta roll; rosemary focaccia

Group 3

Asian Menu
- First course: Shredded chicken, flat glass noodles, cashew nuts in a spicy sesame sauce
- Main course: Steamed black cod with truffle and soy sauce
- Dessert: Chilled almond tofu with seasonal fruit
- Side dishes: Sauteed kale with XO sauce; Chinese sausage fried rice

Western Menu
- First course: Yilan smoked duck breast, cherry fluid gel, foie gras, micro lettuce
- Main course: Roasted Kagoshima pork, bok choy, mashed sweet potato
- Dessert: Chocolate delice with whipped mascarpone and gianduja
- Assorted cheese
- Side dishes: Sauteed asparagus with mushrooms; bacon and truffle bread; miso brioche bun

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Jun 20, 2018 at 7:25 am Reason: formatting
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:41 am

thanks LHR/MEL/Europe FF!
in this case i would go for the Asian meal as I had many excellent Chinese meals in Taiwan!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: TG Plat
I did pre-order in J on BKK - LHR TG910 this week. I ordered chicken massaman and the crew served it as part of the samrab.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In answer to my earlier question regarding the Mandarin Oriental menus TPE-BKK - it seems cycle 1 is June, cycle 2 is July, and the third cycle in August.

On a related note, I'm taking the TG635 all the way from ICN via TPE to BKK. The option is there for me to pre-order for the 635 (a range of dishes including steaks, or Thai etc), but doesn't break out the options per sector. Anyone know if the pre-order would be for the ICN-TPE leg, or for the second sector to BKK? I'd prefer to thave the MO menu, but the steak looked good if it was served exICN.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
In answer to my earlier question regarding the Mandarin Oriental menus TPE-BKK - it seems cycle 1 is June, cycle 2 is July, and the third cycle in August.

On a related note, I'm taking the TG635 all the way from ICN via TPE to BKK. The option is there for me to pre-order for the 635 (a range of dishes including steaks, or Thai etc), but doesn't break out the options per sector. Anyone know if the pre-order would be for the ICN-TPE leg, or for the second sector to BKK? I'd prefer to thave the MO menu, but the steak looked good if it was served exICN.
if you preorder for TG 635 ICN-TPE-BKK they will load it in ICN and it is then up to you and the crew whether you take it on the first or second leg
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
if you preorder for TG 635 ICN-TPE-BKK they will load it in ICN and it is then up to you and the crew whether you take it on the first or second leg
^
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:02 am

on some recent shorthaul international flights in J they served 3 choices of main course
- Samrap Thai (Thai Food)
- International (what TG understands as Western Food)
- Local (for example Chinese Food)
only one choice of starter, Sweets (two small things, one Thai and one Western), no cheese but some pieces of fruits, together with one piece of garlic bread and one bread roll
all was served on one tray as flight time was short, drinks were served individually, no trolley used
menu or way of service did not matter whether the plane had full flat J seats or angle flat seats
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
On a recent flight TG636 BKK-TPE in J, menu was as described by BinSabai, Samrab Thai, Western Cuisine or Chinese Cuisine. I asked for the Western choice (Beef Medallion with Mushroom Sauce), but for the first time in years, I was told I could not have my first choice of main course. This prompted me to request another glass of the Veuve Clicquot Brut n.v.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like a nice service edition for short hauls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.