Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade or Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Upgrade or Lounge access

In a few weeks we are flying BA to BKK and then (on a separate booking) Thai to Chiang Mai. Necessarily we have given 3 1/2 hours between the flights.

I was hoping for lounges access through Priority Pass but they have none in Concourse B.

I have also thought about upgrading the BKK-CNX ticket to get Thai lounge access but can't see the option for our Economy restricted tickets.

Any suggestions on either please?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
no priority pass Lounge in domestic terminal (A and B)
there is a food court and there is a pub
you can also buy Lounge Access at TG
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
no priority pass Lounge in domestic terminal (A and B)
there is a food court and there is a pub
you can also buy Lounge Access at TG
Thanks for the information.

I was trying to find out about purchasing Thai Lounge access too but found a variety of differing answers. Can you tell me how and when I can do this?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

May I also ask if Concourse B is totally separate from A? Maybe I could use lounges there and walk between the two easily? The maps I have found don't show security / passport controls.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Stormbel
May I also ask if Concourse B is totally separate from A? Maybe I could use lounges there and walk between the two easily? The maps I have found don't show security / passport controls.
The international side is totally separate from the international side. All the priority pass lounges are listed as being on the international side. There are no priority pass lounges in the domestic sector of the airport.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

My first check was with PP so I saw that they only have lounges in the international areas.
BinSabai said that Thai lounges could be paid for. That means that there is a lounge in Concourse B. I'm trying to find out exactly where it is.
Paying is not something that I would normally do but after a 12 hour flight, and having 3+hours between flights, I would consider it.
Maybe he or someone else could explain what to do.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
My first check was with PP so I saw that they only have lounges in the international areas.
BinSabai said that Thai lounges could be paid for. That means that there is a lounge in Concourse B. I'm trying to find out exactly where it is.
Paying is not something that I would normally do but after a 12 hour flight, and having 3+hours between flights, I would consider it.
Maybe he or someone else could explain what to do.
The domestic lounge is not really that exciting. Depending on the price, you'd might be better off spending the money at the food court or the pub.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:38 am

the domestic area consists of A and B concourse lowest Level; they are connected
In A concourse comes first the TG Lounge and then the Bangkok Airways Lounge
on an economy ticket you have following option to enter TG
you have *G Card
you find someone with *G Card, who can guest you
you pay at the entrance. A friend paid a couple of years ago I think about 500 THB
But frankly the domestic lounge is nothing to write home about, no alcoholic beverage, no shower, some Food and soft drinks
you could also invest your money in the pub or in the Food hall
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The domestic lounge is not really that exciting. Depending on the price, you'd might be better off spending the money at the food court or the pub.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
But frankly the domestic lounge is nothing to write home about, no alcoholic beverage, no shower, some Food and soft drinks
you could also invest your money in the pub or in the Food hall
Agree 100%. I use them b/c I have free access, but don't think I'd pay for the privilege.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Three hours is a long time to spend in a bar!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:32 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Three hours is a long time to spend in a bar!
Traveling with bag? Then remember that BA will not check your bag through. So you will have to clear Immigration, pick up bag, go upstairs, check-in bag.

Not really much time left for the pub.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Traveling with bag? Then remember that BA will not check your bag through. So you will have to clear Immigration, pick up bag, go upstairs, check-in bag.

Not really much time left for the pub.
in this case, there will be more pubs and foodoutlets landside in the passenger terminal
still some time left as international immigration and bag pick up will not take more than an hour, domestic check in and security around 15 minutes
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
No showers in Thai domestic lounge so not worth it after a 12 hour flight and the food is crap. Better to grab some good food and hang out.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the comments.

There was one discrepancy, that's the time to get through immigration and check in for the domestic flight. One was that it won't leave much time to use a lounge and the other that it should be done in 75 minutes, leaving lots of lounge / bar time.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:29 am

Thanks for all the comments.

There was one discrepancy, that's the time to get through immigration and check in for the domestic flight. One was that it won't leave much time to use a lounge and the other that it should be done in 75 minutes, leaving lots of lounge / bar time.
it is not a discrepancy at all!
even if immigration queues are very long and check in queues in domestic are long, you will only use a part of your 3.5 hours Transfer time to go through immigration, pick up bags, check in at domestic and go through security. Expectation is around 75 min, but it could be as fast as 45 minutes and as long as 100-120 minutes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.