Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Interlining bags from TG to NH with separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)

Hello, I tried searching the forum, but was unable to find an example of my specific situation. We will be flying BKK-SIN on TG, arriving at 11pm, and then departing the next morning at ~6am on NH on another ticket. Since this will be our first trip to SIN, we decided it would be fun to check out all that the airport has to offer, so we are not getting a hotel room, and will just wander around during the long layover! I'm wondering what the chances are of getting TG to interline our bags to the NH flights. That way we won't have to go through security, get the bags, and then check them in again.

However, if interlining won't work, and we do have to go get our bags and recheck them, how long will we have to wait before they will accept the bags at an NH desk so that we can go back through security again? I'd rather not have to wait on the landside section of the airport until 4am (for example), just to check the bags again.

Thank you!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
as TG is quite flexible on that, chances are quite good, that your bags are cheched through. However check in in Singapore is done by subcontrators and the staff are sometimes a bit stubborn there. So you might need to insist and ask for the station manager.
if you do not check bags through and have to pick up, problem is that NH check in might not be open 24 hours a day. you would have to check this at their Website
at landside there are still as well coffeeshops and restaurants open 24 hours a day
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
as TG is quite flexible on that, chances are quite good, that your bags are cheched through. However check in in Singapore is done by subcontrators and the staff are sometimes a bit stubborn there. So you might need to insist and ask for the station manager.
if you do not check bags through and have to pick up, problem is that NH check in might not be open 24 hours a day. you would have to check this at their Website
at landside there are still as well coffeeshops and restaurants open 24 hours a day
You mentioned the stubborn staff at SIN. I'm hoping to avoid having to deal with them at all by just having the TG staff interline the bags all the way through. Why would I need to contact a station manager if I'm already at SIN? I do not think I will have any trouble with re-checking the bags in SIN if I have to, I just would rather not have to do it if I can avoid it.

Looking at this page on the SIN airport website, I see this info for ANA check in timing: "2.5 hours to 40 minutes before departure". But, they also have an early check in timing that says "Up to 24 hrs before departure at T2 Row 7 (available between 0600hrs to 2359hrs) *eligible for groups of 7 passengers or less". Since we are arriving around 22:45, I would think we would be to get to the ANA counter before 23:59 in order to check the bags then, if need be.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
You mentioned the stubborn staff at SIN. I'm hoping to avoid having to deal with them at all by just having the TG staff interline the bags all the way through. Why would I need to contact a station manager if I'm already at SIN? I do not think I will have any trouble with re-checking the bags in SIN if I have to, I just would rather not have to do it if I can avoid it.
sorry I misread your post and thought you were flying SIN BKK with TG and then from BKK with NH
then I am pretty sure that TG staff in BKK will check bags through if it is not longer then 24 hours before departure of your NH flight
my answer about Storages was also about BKK
sorry again
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

sorry I misread your post and thought you were flying SIN BKK with TG and then from BKK with NH
then I am pretty sure that TG staff in BKK will check bags through if it is not longer then 24 hours before departure of your NH flight
my answer about Storages was also about BKK
sorry again
No problem, thank you for the reply! I just remembered that I am actually flying CNX (Chiang Mai)-BKK-SIN on TG (all on 1 ticket), and then on from SIN on NH (on another ticket). Will the staff in CNX be able to interline the bags through to the NH final destination?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:16 pm

No problem, thank you for the reply! I just remembered that I am actually flying CNX (Chiang Mai)-BKK-SIN on TG (all on 1 ticket), and then on from SIN on NH (on another ticket). Will the staff in CNX be able to interline the bags through to the NH final destination?
yes, you have to check in at the international part of the terminal and have a print out for your NH flight; then go through immigration at Chiangmai
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

yes, you have to check in at the international part of the terminal and have a print out for your NH flight; then go through immigration at Chiangmai
OK, so you are saying that the TG staff at CNX should be as able and happy to help interline the bags onto my NH reservation as the staff at BKK would be (if I were actually going to be flying from BKK instead)? I hope that is the case! Thank you!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:33 am

OK, so you are saying that the TG staff at CNX should be as able and happy to help interline the bags onto my NH reservation as the staff at BKK would be (if I were actually going to be flying from BKK instead)? I hope that is the case! Thank you!
yes, that was what I said
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TG staff at CNX (and HKT) are used to dealing with separate tickets i.e. to check bags through to final destination. I assume that they do this numerous times a day for pax buying a separate ticket to BKK and continuing onwards from BKK on TG or other carriers. I would be surprised if your request is denied. Just show your NH ticket. NH boarding pass will most likely have to be issued at SIN.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
TG staff at CNX (and HKT) are used to dealing with separate tickets i.e. to check bags through to final destination. I assume that they do this numerous times a day for pax buying a separate ticket to BKK and continuing onwards from BKK on TG or other carriers. I would be surprised if your request is denied. Just show your NH ticket. NH boarding pass will most likely have to be issued at SIN.
That actually brings up another question...I will print out the NH ticket/itinerary/PNR, but as far as getting my NH boarding pass, do you think I'll be able to do that through the NH app (I do not know if SIN or NH have mobile boarding pass capability)? Or is there a transfer desk somewhere? Actually, I don't even know if we are even arriving into the same terminal that we'll be flying out of, so this may be a moot point anyway!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:49 am

That actually brings up another question...I will print out the NH ticket/itinerary/PNR, but as far as getting my NH boarding pass, do you think I'll be able to do that through the NH app (I do not know if SIN or NH have mobile boarding pass capability)? Or is there a transfer desk somewhere? Actually, I don't even know if we are even arriving into the same terminal that we'll be flying out of, so this may be a moot point anyway!
TG arrives at Terminal 1 and NH leaves from Terminal 2
however if your luggage is checked through you can stay airside as terminals are connected (around 10 minutes walk or shuttle train) and there is a Transfer desk airside in E area Terminal 2
you just have to pass security in front of the gate (in SIN departure and arrival areas are not separated and security is always in front of the gate)
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Just had the pleasure of asking in Bangkok if it was possible to check my luggage through to a separately ticketed ANA flight from Haneda to Frankfurt and on to Berlin on Lufthansa. Not only did Thai check the luggage through, they also printed my boarding passes for the two flights. I find that fairly amazing service levels.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Just had the pleasure of asking in Bangkok if it was possible to check my luggage through to a separately ticketed ANA flight from Haneda to Frankfurt and on to Berlin on Lufthansa. Not only did Thai check the luggage through, they also printed my boarding passes for the two flights. I find that fairly amazing service levels.
FWIW, when I flew out of CNX on TG, connecting through BKK to SIN, and then onward with NH and UA, I experienced the same service with the TG check-in agents. I asked if they could interline my bags, which they were able to do, and then surprisingly they handed me all of my boarding passes for the connecting flights on NH and UA also (which were booked separately from the TG flight). Very good service indeed! ^
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:50 pm

FWIW, when I flew out of CNX on TG, connecting through BKK to SIN, and then onward with NH and UA, I experienced the same service with the TG check-in agents. I asked if they could interline my bags, which they were able to do, and then surprisingly they handed me all of my boarding passes for the connecting flights on NH and UA also (which were booked separately from the TG flight). Very good service indeed! ^
even for domestic UA flights?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

even for domestic UA flights?
I'm not sure I understand your question...are you asking if TG will interline to domestic UA flights, or whether they’ll print the UA boarding passes? Either way, in my case they did both...
BinSabai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.