Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG Biz Can Use Swampy SQ Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
that fits quite a bit to the overall attitude of SQ
That's because SQ hates UA.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Noppasit
At LHR T3, I was told to use SAS lounge instead of SQ (even with TG*G).
SQ fly from T2 so unless it was a while back the information was correct
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 1kBill
That's because SQ hates UA.
SQ loves themselves and think they are the best. And an alliance is more for taking then giving...
they do not think that UA is a airline
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SQ loves themselves and think they are the best.
SQ and LX should go form their own alliance.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
If I recall correctly the old SQ lounge at BKK had a sign about restricting access. I can't remember the exact text or restrictions but I seem to recall it was basically saying we reserve the right to restrict access to those on SQ metal if we want to. I was Star Gold flying SQ Y and was not restricted. I have not been in the new SQ lounge that opened several months ago in a new location closer to the EVA lounge.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by timster
If I recall correctly the old SQ lounge at BKK had a sign about restricting access. I can't remember the exact text or restrictions but I seem to recall it was basically saying we reserve the right to restrict access to those on SQ metal if we want to. I was Star Gold flying SQ Y and was not restricted. I have not been in the new SQ lounge that opened several months ago in a new location closer to the EVA lounge.
I have used the new SQ lounge 4 times since Jun. No such signs that I could see, just a very careful check of the details on my (TG> BP.
OMGImInPattaya likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by timster
Never had any issues when entering with a non-SQ *A BP throughout the years. Maybe they only enforce it when the lounge is extremely busy?
OMGImInPattaya likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:04 pm

SQ loves themselves and think they are the best. And an alliance is more for taking then giving...
they do not think that UA is a airline
UA is definitly an airline... ...but domestic UA clubs are not a lounge. Just a waiting room with worn furniture offering chlorinated tap water and pretzel mix...
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Used the BKK SQ lounge a couple of days back, traveling TG J, no problem whatsoever and it was pretty busy. Way, way better than the tired old TG lounges and much better food and beverages on offer.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tirreg
UA is definitly an airline... ...but domestic UA clubs are not a lounge. Just a waiting room with worn furniture offering chlorinated tap water and pretzel mix...
after having stayed in UA Lounges in USA, you are suddenly happy even with the TG D Lounge.
even the UA F Lounges in USA are nothing to write home about
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
after having stayed in UA Lounges in USA, you are suddenly happy even with the TG D Lounge.
Talk about lowering the bar!!!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: TG*Gold
Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya
Just a quick question: Can a Thai Air international Biz class ticket holder use the SilverKris lounge at Bangkok International Airport?

Thanks.
Yes, If you are Star Alliance Gold card holder. If you are just TG J your are only welcome to Thai airways Royal Silk Lounge.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
Yes, If you are Star Alliance Gold card holder. If you are just TG J your are only welcome to Thai airways Royal Silk Lounge.
That is categorically not true.

A *A C/J ticket holder is free to use any A* C/J/*G lounge regardless of airline.

Said *A C/J ticket holder is not given guest privileges however which is a difference to being a *G pax.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
If you are just TG J your are only welcome to Thai airways Royal Silk Lounge.
Not correct.

Last edited by Kacee; Oct 3, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
That is categorically not true.

A *A C/J ticket holder is free to use any A* C/J/*G lounge regardless of airline.

Said *A C/J ticket holder is not given guest privileges however which is a difference to being a *G pax.
Well, there seems to be come confusion on this point, which is maybe a good thing because there is a question to be answered. It's maybe that people have received different treatment from SQ's Bangkok lounge. In any case, I will attempt my entry on Sunday and will report back my experience.

Thanks again for the lively discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.