Search

TG seat allocations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:44 am
Gus
Original Poster

TG seat allocations

BMs
Whilst looking to book a seat on the TG web site in Economy class on the LHR-BKK route I have noticed that the rear seats in economy are allocated to the cheapest ticket rate and if I click on the next rate type, so many more seats are showing available, mainly in the centre of the aircraft.

So for 917 on the 31st October it was showing 42 seats available on the cheaper fare of Ł513 and 155 seats available if paying the Ł635 fare.

Surely dispatch and the flight deck would not let the flight go with the rear cabin full and the centre economy cabin nearly empty for centre of gravity reasons?
Any input or tips welcome.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Gus
BMs
Whilst looking to book a seat on the TG web site in Economy class on the LHR-BKK route I have noticed that the rear seats in economy are allocated to the cheapest ticket rate and if I click on the next rate type, so many more seats are showing available, mainly in the centre of the aircraft.

So for 917 on the 31st October it was showing 42 seats available on the cheaper fare of Ł513 and 155 seats available if paying the Ł635 fare.

Surely dispatch and the flight deck would not let the flight go with the rear cabin full and the centre economy cabin nearly empty for centre of gravity reasons?
Any input or tips welcome.

During check in most seats become available for selection. Counting seats on the seat map may not fully indicate final passenger numbers.

Other airlines have similar polices.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
During check in most seats become available for selection. Counting seats on the seat map may not fully indicate final passenger numbers.

Other airlines have similar polices.
No, not true. Three days prior to the flight they have blocked most of the seats and this stays on to check-in unless you have made a special request to unlock the seat.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Noppasit
No, not true. Three days prior to the flight they have blocked most of the seats and this stays on to check-in unless you have made a special request to unlock the seat.
What is not true? I said that most seats become available during check-in. I made no other comment about when the locked seats become available.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:40 am
Gus
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess that a good percentage of passengers have not reserved a specific seat in advance, so the available seats get alloctaed to them on check in.
Whilst flying on TG I have never been moved from my pre-booked seat. (other than for my own benefit)
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
So the general consensus is that despite ASR being restricted to only the rear part of the Y cabin when on W/V or cheaper fare, further seats (except for blocked seats) will be available during OLCI?

As I recall it this has not been my experience in the past (no further seats to choose from at OLCI and had to ask at check-in counter to get a seat further up front).
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Gus
Whilst flying on TG I have never been moved from my pre-booked seat. (other than for my own benefit)
I couldn't say that. despite booking in J and holding a Platinum Card, I have been moved from a seat with bassinet (which i was not aware of as I thought bassinets are usually at bulk seats...) even there were no passengers with infants on board...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.