Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft Swap - Reroute?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SK AAR
When DPS had F some years ago but aircraft was changed to a non-747, there was an envelope with cash waiting at check-in for F pax. Pax were allowed to use F ground services, so at the end of the day not a significant loss.
I remember the scenario you speak of but none of TG's 747s are F-less. Do you mean they flew the a/c but treated F seats as C akin to domestic flights?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As I recall it TG changed to 747 to/from DPS and F class became available. Pax made F reservations/had F tickets but at some stage TG changed back to aircrafts with no F class, hence the downgrade of F pax.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
As I recall it TG changed to 747 to/from DPS and F class became available. Pax made F reservations/had F tickets but at some stage TG changed back to aircrafts with no F class, hence the downgrade of F pax.
Mea culpa, I read your OP incorrectly. For some reason I inferred you to say TG put a 'non-F 747' on the route.... which they don't have.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:18 am

Oh no, I quickly check my ROP redemption booking to KIX coming NOV after reading this, indeed my TG622/623 has been changed to 777 without F...

TG suggested 672/673 but the timing just doesn't suits my schedule at all, I'm requesting them to reroute to HND without further charge and I'll use JR pass on Shinkansen to Osaka, still no reply though...

Need some expert advise will they honor it? It's a gold 50% redemption and point of origin is SIN, which falls on redemption chart category 4 to Tokyo instead of category 3 to Osaka.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nisnekmil
Need some expert advise will they honor it? It's a gold 50% redemption and point of origin is SIN, which falls on redemption chart category 4 to Tokyo instead of category 3 to Osaka.
well, certainly no firm answer possible on this. Depends on flexibility of TG.
I would insist on switching to HND for the same mileage, as THEY switched aircraft and you are helping them to fulfill. They might finally agree...or ask you for additional miles from cat 3 to 4
let us know the Outcome!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
well, certainly no firm answer possible on this. Depends on flexibility of TG.
I would insist on switching to HND for the same mileage, as THEY switched aircraft and you are helping them to fulfill. They might finally agree...or ask you for additional miles from cat 3 to 4
let us know the Outcome!
You're very helpful as always MR BinSabai sir~~

I will insist but I guess the chance is rather slim, it's TG we're talking about lol~

I will ask for full refund if all else failed, plus compensation including my hotel's cancellation fee, though I won't expect they'll agree.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:02 pm

Good News, TG agree to reroute to HND without extra charge or miles. Normally SIN-BKK-HND vv would required 75K miles compare to 55K miles on SIN-BKK-KIX vv ( gold bday 50% award ), and they already reissued my ticket yesterday. And I think I'm happy with it coz I can get my job done as long as I'm in Japan.
Tokyoite and BinSabai like this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by nisnekmil
Good News, TG agree to reroute to HND without extra charge or miles. Normally SIN-BKK-HND vv would required 75K miles compare to 55K miles on SIN-BKK-KIX vv ( gold bday 50% award ), and they already reissued my ticket yesterday. And I think I'm happy with it coz I can get my job done as long as I'm in Japan.
Happy to hear that! And of course happy that they did, what I thought is possible despite others state it will not be possible!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by BinSabai
And of course happy that they did, what I thought is possible despite others state it will not be possible!
Khun BinSabai, you seem to forget that nisnekmil was on a TG Award/ROP redemption whereas the OP has an award ticket issued by other carrier. It makes a big difference that it was TG that also issued the ticket - had it been a ticket issued by third party, I bet TG would have referred nisnekmil to contact the issuing carrier for rebooking.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:54 pm

Khun BinSabai, you seem to forget that nisnekmil was on a TG Award/ROP redemption whereas the OP has an award ticket issued by other carrier. It makes a big difference that it was TG that also issued the ticket - had it been a ticket issued by third party, I bet TG would have referred nisnekmil to contact the issuing carrier for rebooking.
I did NOT forget it, but hoped that you or other suspicious fellow board members would overlook it! haha!
You might be correct as I have not much experience with awards on TG issued by 3. party....
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: most of them
When this happened to me TG couldn't have cared less. Booked DPS-BKK-NRT-IAD. BKK-NRT was supposed to be A346 when I booked in F. Got switched to B788 instead on the route so I was downgraded to C. No compensation, no nothing. Since was an overnight flight I was really looking forward to that F class bed. This was a few years ago now, but I suspect not much has changed.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by glennaa11
When this happened to me TG couldn't have cared less. Booked DPS-BKK-NRT-IAD. BKK-NRT was supposed to be A346 when I booked in F. Got switched to B788 instead on the route so I was downgraded to C. No compensation, no nothing. Since was an overnight flight I was really looking forward to that F class bed. This was a few years ago now, but I suspect not much has changed.
THAI have not operated the 346 and the 788 at the same time; did you mean 77W or 773?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:14 pm

No. When I booked the award the aircraft was supposed to be the A346. But in the intervening months they changed it to the 788.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by glennaa11
No. When I booked the award the aircraft was supposed to be the A346. But in the intervening months they changed it to the 788.
the A346 is already retired for around 3 years!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:46 am

I said it was a few years ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.