Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG has the best F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Some people feel the need to make others feel inferior. I have not listed the number of flights I have taken on those airlines in F but it is significant.

At the end of the day F should be about everything you need anticipated and of those I have flown TG blew the rest out of the water.
But to say they are the best when you have taken such a small sample makes SFO777 comment valid, if you only had flown UA First and said thats the best ? Well...................................
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
But to say they are the best when you have taken such a small sample makes SFO777 comment valid, if you only had flown UA First and said thats the best ? Well...................................
I don't think the OP said TG was "The Best", or did she/he?

Anyway, I totally agree with you about UA First.... if anyone comes along and said that it is "the best", I might even be tempted to say "go out and fly other airlines!" myself
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by kittiyut
I don't think the OP said TG was "The Best", or did she/he?
Thread title?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Indeed.
OP needs to get out more. IMO...

1. Air France
2. Garuda Indonesia
3. Qatar
4. Emirates
5. Etihad
6. Lufthansa
7. Cathay Pacific
8. Singapore
9. Swiss
10. ANA
11. JAL
12. Qantas
13. Korean
14. Malaysia
15. Asiana
16. Thai
17. American
18. British
19. Air China
20. United
To be fair all the airlines up to 17 have pretty impressive F products and ultimately they all have their good days and bad days (some more than others). Have flown all except GA, AF and QF. I don't think SFO777 brought TG down to the level of US/Chinese carriers, it's just that there is a big gap between 16 and 17. Would be happy to fly any of them up to (and not including) 17. Personally JL would be at the top of my list and CX and LX would rank higher.

I love TG and am happy to fly it every time. It's not perfect but the whole experience is very enjoyable. Glad the OP enjoyed it and can understand why they rate it so highly.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Some people feel the need to make others feel inferior. I have not listed the number of flights I have taken on those airlines in F but it is significant. At the end of the day F should be about everything you need anticipated and of those I have flown TG blew the rest out of the water.
I can appreciate that you've just experienced wonderful service on your first TG flight and felt moved to praise the service. Which is wonderful and a great part of FT. The biggest issue I had is with your "TG has the best F" title which I read as "TG has the best F in the world" as opposed to "TG has the best F that I have flown". I'm not a PC guy, so I can be a little direct and sarcastic at times. It was not my intent to make you feel inferior and I apologize if you felt that way.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Thread title?
It was right before my very eyes. How did I miss that?

My bad...

... No wonder the reactions...
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:45 am

Indeed.

1. Air France
2. Garuda Indonesia
3. Qatar
4. Emirates
5. Etihad
6. Lufthansa
7. Cathay Pacific
8. Singapore
9. Swiss
10. ANA
11. JAL
12. Qantas
13. Korean
14. Malaysia
15. Asiana
16. Thai
17. American
18. British
19. Air China
20. United
With all given respect, but who ranks EY F on 5th these days needs to learn how to assess airline services. When it comes to F services at the main hub or irrop handling, EY F is one of the worst F of the world and about other points nothing is above average.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thbe
With all given respect, but who ranks EY F on 5th these days needs to learn how to assess airline services. When it comes to F services at the main hub or irrop handling, EY F is one of the worst F of the world and about other points nothing is above average.
Travelers' opinions are based on their personal experiences but you lose all credibility with your "one of the worst F of the world" nonsense.

My number 5 ranking is based on a dozen long haul EY First flights in the past 3 years. I've had zero IRROP issues with EY. And despite recent cost cutting, EY is still one of the best in flight and overall F products in the world. And no one has a nicer A380 First Class suite. Period.

Last edited by SFO777; Aug 26, 2017 at 2:30 pm
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Indeed.
d
Pretty (or should that be petty?) irrelevant and condescending comment. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. And any list with Garuda on it.. That's just my opinion which is worth no more than anyone elses.
andyptrav likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Reds2011
And any list with Garuda on it..
Have you even flown Garuda First Class? LOL, just what I thought... crickets.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:28 pm

Travelers' opinions are based on their personal experiences but you lose all credibility with your "one of the worst F of the world" nonsense.

My number 5 ranking is based on a dozen long haul EY First flights in the past 3 years. I've had zero IRROP issues with EY. And despite recent cost cutting, EY is still one of the best in flight and overall F products in the world. And no one has a nicer A380 First Class suite. Period.
I had more than just a dozen flights on EY F in the last three years and I also had enough flights on F of other carriers.

Yes, the EY F is one of the worst in the world. If you try to book F, you will find a lot of connection, where you don't get F on the flights to and from AUH.

The risk of a bus gate - especially at AUH - is very high on EY compared to others. And you usually won't be picked up with a limousine in that case and brought to the First Class lounge. There is usually no personal assistant, who brings you through the airport as a VIP. With other airlines the PA often lead me around the queues, sometimes through the security check for air crews. On EY you are usually just on the same coach like the C passengers. You also get the same priority line at the security check like the C passengers and there is often enough no priority line at all.

I don't explain in detail the differences of the EY First Class lounge in AUH and the LH First Class Terminal in FRA. If you know both, you will give EY FCL not more than 30% of the LH FCT rating. That's about the main hub. At other airports it's even worse. A lot of *A FCL are much better than the lounges you can access as EY F passenger.

You can be happy, that you did not have any irrops on EY. I think it's due to the number of flights you had with them. If you fly with EY every month, you will experience i.E. the periods of bad weather conditions at AUH with sand storms etc. In that case the only advantage you get as a F passengers is, that you get a better hotel than other passengers. Nobody will try to make sure that you will be at your destination in time or as close to that as possible. Other carriers handle the problem of irrops much more professional. They will rebook you on other flights of other carriers, even of other alliances, just to avoid that you will reach your destination 6, 10 or 15 hours after schedule.

You can also compare, how your problems are solved on the ground. Try to get help as an Platinum in F on EY and then try the same as an HON in F on LH. Maybe your luggage is late or can't be found or is damaged. I've experienced both. With LH I've got all my problems solved as fast as possible in a generous way. With EY? Most unsolved, never fast, never generous. EY doesn't even know, what that means. And in the last 12 months it's getting really worse.

F means much more than the number of square feet of place you can use in the airplane. And even about that EY is not better with their suites than other airlines. And there are much more suites than apartments in the fleet. F is about service (when I talk about service, I'm not talking about F&B). And when it's come to service, EY is not able to compete. Not now and never before.

I've booked EY, because it was cheap at that times. Pay less, get a lot of miles, cheap upgrades by miles from C to F before the big devaluation of miles. But quality? Come on! EY pays Skytrax a lot of money for telling lies, but experienced F passengers should know the truth.
kittiyut and riced like this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Agreed. Still wouldn't change the fact that the F menu is dominated by seafood with no choice offered. There is a 'seafood meal' spml option but not a 'no seafood meal' option! I believe F class should offer a choice of starter at least. Obviously wouldn't expect a choice of amuse bouche or caviar alternative.
TG/F also allows you to pre-order special dishes (their version of SQ's 'Book the Cook') which are actually not bad. Something to keep in mind if you have dietary restrictions.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:22 pm

I had more than just a dozen flights on EY F in the last three years and I also had enough flights on F of other carriers.

Yes, the EY F is one of the worst in the world. If you try to book F, you will find a lot of connection, where you don't get F on the flights to and from AUH.

The risk of a bus gate - especially at AUH - is very high on EY compared to others. And you usually won't be picked up with a limousine in that case and brought to the First Class lounge. There is usually no personal assistant, who brings you through the airport as a VIP. With other airlines the PA often lead me around the queues, sometimes through the security check for air crews. On EY you are usually just on the same coach like the C passengers. You also get the same priority line at the security check like the C passengers and there is often enough no priority line at all.

I don't explain in detail the differences of the EY First Class lounge in AUH and the LH First Class Terminal in FRA. If you know both, you will give EY FCL not more than 30% of the LH FCT rating. That's about the main hub. At other airports it's even worse. A lot of *A FCL are much better than the lounges you can access as EY F passenger.

You can be happy, that you did not have any irrops on EY. I think it's due to the number of flights you had with them. If you fly with EY every month, you will experience i.E. the periods of bad weather conditions at AUH with sand storms etc. In that case the only advantage you get as a F passengers is, that you get a better hotel than other passengers. Nobody will try to make sure that you will be at your destination in time or as close to that as possible. Other carriers handle the problem of irrops much more professional. They will rebook you on other flights of other carriers, even of other alliances, just to avoid that you will reach your destination 6, 10 or 15 hours after schedule.

You can also compare, how your problems are solved on the ground. Try to get help as an Platinum in F on EY and then try the same as an HON in F on LH. Maybe your luggage is late or can't be found or is damaged. I've experienced both. With LH I've got all my problems solved as fast as possible in a generous way. With EY? Most unsolved, never fast, never generous. EY doesn't even know, what that means. And in the last 12 months it's getting really worse.

F means much more than the number of square feet of place you can use in the airplane. And even about that EY is not better with their suites than other airlines. And there are much more suites than apartments in the fleet. F is about service (when I talk about service, I'm not talking about F&B). And when it's come to service, EY is not able to compete. Not now and never before.

I've booked EY, because it was cheap at that times. Pay less, get a lot of miles, cheap upgrades by miles from C to F before the big devaluation of miles. But quality? Come on! EY pays Skytrax a lot of money for telling lies, but experienced F passengers should know the truth.
+1 Could not agree more (ganz genau!)
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum

EY has an incredible F hard product. As does EK in my opinion. QR is behind both. Soft product they are good as well. These opinions are limited to while onboard the aircraft, which is really what I care about most, thus my opinion that these airlines are near the top, and am with SFO777 on this. I also have had very minimal IRROPS with any of the ME3.

The ME3 are notorious for having terrible service once on the ground, before and after the flight. It is seems endemic to the area and not something they care about fixing. Which is too bad.

I have not flown LH F but the hard product in the air looks terrible and not to my taste.
That is too bad. LH F is one of my favorite, especially on the 747-400 and A380.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
IME the ME3 are good except with IRROPS where it all falls over. Staff are not empowered to make decisions. And I loathe bus gates.

When we landed in BKK we were at a remote stand but TG had a separate F bus and had hosts meet us where we disembarked. There was no buggy service as we were right at immigration. At least in outstations like CAI they have separate premium buses for EY pax, something they can't do in their home port.

I do agree EY has the best hard product in the sky. If only the shower was bigger. I have just found the staff to be very junior, friendly, but not provide great service.

I'm not a demanding pax and always engage with the crew. I was brought up to say please and thank you. In fact I say thank you every time a FA brings me something.

I guess it makes a World of difference when a crew look after you without you asking vs just performing the motions in their handbook. That was the point I was trying to make.

And I probably could have titled the thread better!

Last edited by m0hamed; Aug 26, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.