Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I merge or link two Thai reservations?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
*Gold no fast track, Inbound and Outbound, just TG Platinum and J/F
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
So,

They checked bags through to PNH. I didn't leave the airport.

As an aside, Bangkok airways was more than happy to check my bags through to LHR on TG for the return, and gave me two bags (I agreed to switch seats) even through I only bought one.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:05 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Yesterday, I arrived at BKK on an OS J ticket which started and ended at SIN with TG segments for SIN-BKK-SIN. TG didn't permit OLCI for my separate return and their BKK checkin agents said that they couldn't issue a BP for the separate SIN-BKK ticket I purchased to get back (turn around on same plane.) Plus, they "couldn't" combine, and apparently didn't put in notes that I was coming back on the same plane. So, the flight was delayed and arrived at SIN late, at the furthest gate from the transfer desk. The transfer desk agent said the flight was closed and I was out of luck since it was separate. Convinced them to call the gate to confirm that the flight was late and delayed due to incoming plane delays. Finally, got my BP.

What a pain.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rbAA
Yesterday, I arrived at BKK on an OS J ticket which started and ended at SIN with TG segments for SIN-BKK-SIN. TG didn't permit OLCI for my separate return and their BKK checkin agents said that they couldn't issue a BP for the separate SIN-BKK ticket I purchased to get back (turn around on same plane.) Plus, they "couldn't" combine, and apparently didn't put in notes that I was coming back on the same plane. So, the flight was delayed and arrived at SIN late, at the furthest gate from the transfer desk. The transfer desk agent said the flight was closed and I was out of luck since it was separate. Convinced them to call the gate to confirm that the flight was late and delayed due to incoming plane delays. Finally, got my BP.

What a pain.
TG has 5 flights per day to SIN, so why the hassle?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze

What a pain.
If I was you, I would change the tone of your post and the last (bolded by me) sentence to "What a luck." They actually were extremely nice to you - you were on separate tickets, so it was your problem that you were late. They could easily ask you to pay for the new ticket... So be HAPPY!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:28 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Originally Posted by vbroucek
If I was you, I would change the tone of your post and the last (bolded by me) sentence to "What a luck." They actually were extremely nice to you - you were on separate tickets, so it was your problem that you were late. They could easily ask you to pay for the new ticket... So be HAPPY!
Couldn't be happier, but we had done the similar process at the start of the trip, a separate (that time award) ticket BKK-SIN on TG to start the trip and turn around on the same plane. No problem that time under similar circumstances, other than the fact that the BKK-SIN was not late arriving at SIN, the BKK staff actually did their job in noting the records, and we had arrived closer to the transfer desk.

The BKK staff could have done their job this time and note the records. Or TG's website could actually do a complete job of OLCI. Or, I could just avoid flying TG with time sensitive connections.

Thanks for your concern, but if I were you...well never mind.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The BKK staff could have done their job this time and note the records.
Apparently they didn't know who you are.

Or, I could just avoid flying TG with time sensitive connections.
Or you could stop booking nonsensical routings on separate tix.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yeah, it is beyond me why anyone would book a separate ticket SIN-BKK to get back to BKK when your OS flight already placed you in BKK? Why didn't you just complete your journey once arribed BKK on OS rather than to continue to SIN and return to BKK on a separate ticket? For miles/points?

Anyway, an immidiate turnaround is always risky, in particular if the incoming flight is delayed (as you found out). You should have purchased a ticket for the next flight, but you made it this time (and should be thankfull rather than disappointed/angry).
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Apparently they didn't know who you are.
Or you could stop booking nonsensical routings on separate tix.
First, just a customer who bought tickets that had TG segments; and
Second, I had just flown from VIE to BKK on OS's redeye, I wanted to get home to BKK as soon as possible without violating any carrier rules i.e skipping a segment, hidden city, etc. Had no problem when TG did their job correctly.

What are you, some corporate shill for TG or just anti-social naturely?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Couldn't be happier, but we had done the similar process at the start of the trip, a separate (that time award) ticket BKK-SIN on TG to start the trip and turn around on the same plane. No problem that time under similar circumstances, other than the fact that the BKK-SIN was not late arriving at SIN, the BKK staff actually did their job in noting the records, and we had arrived closer to the transfer desk.

The BKK staff could have done their job this time and note the records. Or TG's website could actually do a complete job of OLCI. Or, I could just avoid flying TG with time sensitive connections.

Thanks for your concern, but if I were you...well never mind.
Oh, I see now... It was to get better deal on the OS... Next time, you have to tell the whole story - but then... Seems you have not been to BKK often enough... Many long hauls do arrive not only far from the transfer desk, but often to the bus stands, adding tens of minutes to transfer. If you risk your arse by buying separate tickets, blame yourself, not TG...
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yeah, it is beyond me why anyone would book a separate ticket SIN-BKK to get back to BKK when your OS flight already placed you in BKK? Why didn't you just complete your journey once arribed BKK on OS rather than to continue to SIN and return to BKK on a separate ticket? For miles/points?

Anyway, an immidiate turnaround is always risky, in particular if the incoming flight is delayed (as you found out). You should have purchased a ticket for the next flight, but you made it this time (and should be thankfull rather than disappointed/angry).
With bit more details from rbAA, it seems that SIN-BKK-VIE and back was (probably significantly) cheaper than plain BKK-VIE return... rbAA, did not give us all the "juicy" details...
First, just a customer who bought tickets that had TG segments; and
Second, I had just flown from VIE to BKK on OS's redeye, I wanted to get home to BKK as soon as possible without violating any carrier rules i.e skipping a segment, hidden city, etc. Had no problem when TG did their job correctly.

What are you, some corporate shill for TG or just anti-social naturely?
rbAA, you were on separate tickets. It was your decision and you probably did know the possible risks. So you should not accuse anyone the way you did just above... [Reported to MODS]. And if you did not know, just be HAPPY that it worked for you this time - you could have been easily significant amount of money out of pocket...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
With bit more details from rbAA, it seems that SIN-BKK-VIE and back was (probably significantly) cheaper than plain BKK-VIE return... rbAA, did not give us all the "juicy" details...

That is very likely but that wouldn't have prevented the OP from terminating the return travel at BKK, i.e. to skip the last leg BKK-SIN. Clearly the OP traveled HBO (as otherwise the OP wouldn't have been able to do the quick turnaround at SIN) so to drop the last leg would have been very easy (and the OP would have arrived at dest. in BKK much earlier than after doing the detour to SIN).
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:03 am

Oh, I see now... It was to get better deal on the OS... Next time, you have to tell the whole story - but then... Seems you have not been to BKK often enough... Many long hauls do arrive not only far from the transfer desk, but often to the bus stands, adding tens of minutes to transfer. If you risk your arse by buying separate tickets, blame yourself, not TG...

rbAA, you were on separate tickets. It was your decision and you probably did know the possible risks. So you should not accuse anyone the way you did just above... [Reported to MODS]. And if you did not know, just be HAPPY that it worked for you this time - you could have been easily significant amount of money out of pocket...
I didn't want to bore you all with a more detailed breakdown of what seemed to be clearly an ex-SIN OS P ticket-one that I had started a Premium Fares thread about long ago when I first ticketed it. US$2200 RT SIN-BKK-VIE-LAX with a 16 day stop at VIE out and 30 hr stop at VIE back. From my profile, it's clear I live in BKK.

I didn't accuse anyone unfairly-Kacee's comments were appropriately replied to, a bit in kind maybe. Really, DYKWIA is not my style. Of course, my card reads Most Exalted Grand High Poohba and Head Janitor (Ret.) I get my choice of beach lounge chairs at least.

While I know many FT'ers who would drop the last segment, I won't do that having had a bad experience long ago with some USAir $40 FC near transcons-RT's to ART from the West Coast. Plus, I needed the extra miles for OZ *A GLD. A quick turn on the same plane is rarely a problem, except with the circumstances experienced with TG [NO OLCI allowed and lazy checkin staff at BKK (where I had almost 3 hr between inbound VIE-BKK and outbound BKK-SIN and had collected and sent to my home my checked luggage,) who I had given both tickets to as well as my OS BP and TG confirm from the attempted OLCI of the separate SIN-BKK ticket.] Even the SIN transfer desk woman finally understood and commented that the TG BKK staff should have put in notes, once she realized I had come in on TG407 from the prior ticket. Now that I know that this is a problem with TG, I'll probably avoid them or factor in a day on either end to avoid positioning issues. So, that would make TG completely worthless to me, especially with SIN ground costs factored in, as well as the TG segments costing 2x SCOOT's "business" class tickets and 5x Air Asia basic fare.

In closing, let me say that reading is fundamental and not optional in communities such as these, as well as more important aspects of life. One important lesson I learned early on in my legal career was don't be hasty to judge until you know and understand ALL the facts. They are two different things.

Last edited by rbAA; Oct 11, 2017 at 8:31 am
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:58 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Gee...given that TG is an airline in the business of transporting people from A to B, I wonder why there are no procedures in place to cater for people who don't actually want to go anywhere...

It is entirely understandable that TG do not cater for your situation. Anything TG did to cater for you is entirely at their discretion and should be considered a courtesy.

Same plane turnarounds are definitely not covered by the contract of carriage or duty of care. Self-connecting on separate tickets also not covered, especially skating on the border of Min Connect Times (which are specified for through tickets by the way).

Agree with the other posters, you should be thankful that TG accomodated you, not angry or disappointed.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by captain_starwood
I called Thai. You can link reservations, contrary to what is noted above. Thai does it all the time and is happy to put then together and add notes.
Well what do you know, it can be done by TG when they decide to.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Well what do you know, it can be done by TG when they decide to.
Not to 'scratch a scab', but this doesn't mean that they are obligated to do so.

This sense of obligation seems to be the nub if your gripe; and rather like stock market performance fine print "past indications of performance do not gurantee future similar performace" (or words to that effect), on separate tickets no carrier is obligated to 'integrate' the flights to suit your convenience - if they do, great! But don't hammer them if they don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.