A380: operational problems

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
A380: operational problems

they seem to have some operational Problems with the small A380 fleet currently
affected is for example BKK FRA BKK TG920/921
yesterday's and today's TG920 are around 8 hours delayed and TG921 might also be slightly delayed
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:09 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

i do not think so that this is a ferry flight
I know passengers who got today alerted that today's TG920 will depart with 8 hours delay tomorrow morning

VIP related? I do not think so. they had already last week troubles with the A380 to accommodate all flights
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

HS-TUB since yesterday early morning in BKK
difficult with just 6 A380 to serve LHR, FRA, CDG, NRT, KIX and HKG...
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:52 pm

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:08 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cyborg
When they cancel a flight then fly it a few hours later it is possibly a ferry as opposed to a significant delay. Did they accommodate the passengers from the cancelled flight on this later flight or not? That is the question concerning this flight that would make it a ferry or delayed departure
I know someone, who is on the TG920D, which left this morning 0820 with more than 8 hours delay. So it is definitely a delayed flight and not a ferry flight
Of course they arranged all this in a way, that they would not have a long delay from a European destinations to avoid monetary compensations,,,
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:51 pm

deleted

Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

last night TG920 BKK FRA was "cancelled" third time in a row and a flight 920D with passengers started the other morning
This caused as well a certain delay of TG921, but not exceeding 90 minutes to avoid compensations
TG offered to put passengers on other flights to Europe (for example Rome) or a Hotel room (4 star/5 star) and delayed flight to FRA. Interestingly passengers were also promised a certain financial compensation as they had to fill out forms
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Tg call center confirmed (as they talked to maintenance/technical) to me by phone just earlier that HS-TUB is back in service tonight, actually on FRA route, and on schedule.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

HS-TUB is indeed back in service on the route to CDG
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by cyborg
I trust your info more than the several websites that showed the flight canceled when it seems it did fly out after a substantial delay. Thanks for the update. I'm tracking Thai flights closely now since I have an important connection in the next couple of weeks NRT-BKK-MEL and don't want an A380 issue that would put me at risk of being placed on the afternoon flight to Melbourne with the older seats

Cheers,

-Cyborg
As far as I am aware there is no afternoon flight to Melbourne? There is the 8:10am service and the 00:15am service from BKK-MEL.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelislife
As far as I am aware there is no afternoon flight to Melbourne? There is the 8:10am service and the 00:15am service from BKK-MEL.
the 00:15 to melbourne is a good Connection for the A380 coming from Narita
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:56 am

deleted

Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:45 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
It's entirely possible that the A380 flights, were Cancelled previously, due to low loads.

Thailand is in ultra low season at present, so there are unlikely to be many who are travelling unless they absolutely have to.

An A380 will be enormous for that route, and the freight on-board is less than they could fit onto a 777-300.

M
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
It's entirely possible that the A380 flights, were Cancelled previously, due to low loads.

Thailand is in ultra low season at present, so there are unlikely to be many who are travelling unless they absolutely have to.

An A380 will be enormous for that route, and the freight on-board is less than they could fit onto a 777-300.
that is not likely as
- I know a passenger, who was affected on one of the flights and TG offered many passengers accommodation for the delayed flight from 2345 to the other morning
- 3 flights of TG920 were postponed during 3 consecutive days until the other morning (when one of the A380 returned) but officially cancelled and operated under TG920D
- one plane as mentioned was for several days on repair
- it is currently not sooo ultra low season as European countries having summer school holidays (was this week in Chiang Mai; flights and Hotels had very good occupation rate)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.