Search

A380: operational problems

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
that is not likely as
- I know a passenger, who was affected on one of the flights and TG offered many passengers accommodation for the delayed flight from 2345 to the other morning
- 3 flights of TG920 were postponed during 3 consecutive days until the other morning (when one of the A380 returned) but officially cancelled and operated under TG920D
- one plane as mentioned was for several days on repair
- it is currently not sooo ultra low season as European countries having summer school holidays (was this week in Chiang Mai; flights and Hotels had very good occupation rate)
Also has been winter school holidays in NZ and Australia - so probably a few escaping the cold/wet/windy conditions - not that this traffic would affect A380 loading!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Also has been winter school holidays in NZ and Australia - so probably a few escaping the cold/wet/windy conditions - not that this traffic would affect A380 loading!
yeah, met a couple of aussies this week!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:24 am

Was on TG920 last night. C was (almost) full. By the way: Service was one of the best I had in C the last years. Much better than on all of my last flights on EY.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by thbe
Was on TG920 last night. C was (almost) full. By the way: Service was one of the best I had in C the last years. Much better than on all of my last flights on EY.
after some difficulties during the implementation of the new concept, the service in J on long hauls is getting better and better
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
It's entirely possible that the A380 flights, were Cancelled previously, due to low loads.

Thailand is in ultra low season at present, so there are unlikely to be many who are travelling unless they absolutely have to.

An A380 will be enormous for that route, and the freight on-board is less than they could fit onto a 777-300.

M
Maybe depends on the route, but TG loads are way way up this year despite the low season. In June, European load factors were at 81.7%, an increase of 33.2% over June 2016. Australia load factors were 79.1%. Year to date, Australia and Europe passenger load factors have been up at least 10%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.