Wiki Posts
Search

TG Domestic flights at BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
TG Domestic flights at BKK

Do TG Domestic flights at BKK use specific gates like A-gates or B-gates.

Is the route to the Domestic Baggage claim close to those gates or can it be a hike like international flights.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Do TG Domestic flights at BKK use specific gates like A-gates or B-gates.

Is the route to the Domestic Baggage claim close to those gates or can it be a hike like international flights.
To exit the domestic terminal, upon arrival at either the A or B gates, everyone takes the moving walk-way (a distance) to the domestic baggage claim area, then exits into the domestic arrivals area, whether you have baggage or not.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anything TG at BKK typically involves a long walk. (Except when you're eligible for a buggy ride, which is when TG picks the closest possible gate.)

Sometimes it feels I've spent half my life in the Swampy corridors.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
yes all domestic arrive in A and B councourse or on bus gate. bus arrives at D councourse very close to the baggage claim. the domestic baggage claim is in D, east of the international baggage claim (or in other words between international baggage claim and the A/B/D intersection)
Moving walk-ways along D in both direction, in A and B only in outgoing direction. So if you arrive at A6 you have a long walk to the baggage claim, along A without moving walk-ways and only from the intersection with D you will enjoy the moving walk-ways
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:27 am

1.5kms walk not unheard of

It is a huge airport. I swear i saw a sign to somewhere and it said 1600m or something like that.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by frobozzelectric
It is a huge airport. I swear i saw a sign to somewhere and it said 1600m or something like that.
from where to where? the distance from A6 to E10 is not even so far. and there are walkways
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Anything TG at BKK typically involves a long walk. (Except when you're eligible for a buggy ride, which is when TG picks the closest possible gate.)

Sometimes it feels I've spent half my life in the Swampy corridors.
Yes, a week ago I arrived in F at C3, first off the plane, put in a buggy with the other 2 PAX transfering to Domestic but then the lady driver just walked off and left us. No idea what she was doing. I gave up and walked the short distance but meanwhile half the plane was in the queue for immigration.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
from where to where? the distance from A6 to E10 is not even so far. and there are walkways
I have definitely seen a sign "800m" and it was not at A6 for E10 but at E something (maybe 7) for immigration. I would estimate E corridor at a minimum 400m, maybe 500m, remember there are 5 gates each side and presumably all will accommodate 60m wingspan aircraft with say 20m between them. As I then had to walk passed immigration to domestic transfer I reckon I walked about 1200m. I estimate A6 to E10 at 1500m minimum and possibly as much as 1800m.

Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by andyptrav
Yes, a week ago I arrived in F at C3, first off the plane, put in a buggy with the other 2 PAX transfering to Domestic but then the lady driver just walked off and left us. No idea what she was doing. I gave up and walked the short distance but meanwhile half the plane was in the queue for immigration.
you did not go for the fast track?
the ground staff was probably waiting for an additional passenger
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
you did not go for the fast track?
the ground staff was probably waiting for an additional passenger
There were 3 names on her board and 3 of us in the buggy, if the ground staff were waiting for another passenger then they were not in F and their name was not on the board held by ground staff.
There is no fast track at domestic transfer, hence my annoyance at half the plane ahead of me.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:24 am

There were 3 names on her board and 3 of us in the buggy, if the ground staff were waiting for another passenger then they were not in F and their name was not on the board held by ground staff.
There is no fast track at domestic transfer, hence my annoyance at half the plane ahead of me.
sorry, thought only the other two were heading for domestic Transfer
TIP's are usually written in Thai on another board...and they do not always sit in F...
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Keys are under the front seat.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by 5khours
Keys are under the front seat.
so you drive on your own to immigration if ground staff does not come within reasonable time? 555!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.