Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Booking a seat for an infant, a week before his 2nd birthday

Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA: ex-Silver, now Blue. VS: Gold

We're finalising a trip in a few months LHR-BKK (on BA) then BKK-HKT (probably on TG). Our youngest child will turn two between BKK-HKT and HKT-BKK so will require his own seat on the way back.

We're very happy to pay for a seat for him BKK-HKT but we're not going to be taking a car seat or anything like that. It would be fine to have him on our lap for take-off and landing as I know that's technically required, so long as we can put him in the aircraft seat in-flight.

Is that likely to be OK or might it confuse some computer system or safety check? Would the cabin crew be all right with it?

Separately to that, we know we can't check baggage through so aiming to land BKK 09:40, deal with immigration and check-in again for the 14:05 flight to HKT, leaving a bit of wiggle-room. Does that sound realistic for a party of three adults and two children?

Thanks for any tips.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Call thai and you’ll get answers about the infant ticket.
Thai will check your baggage through, so you won’t even see it at Bangkok.Immigration at Bangkok is in the transit area, so you actually never go “land side”.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Call thai and you’ll get answers about the infant ticket.
Thai will check your baggage through, so you won’t even see it at Bangkok.Immigration at Bangkok is in the transit area, so you actually never go “land side”.
They are flying BA to Bangkok, and BA does not check anything through on separate tickets. So OP will need to go land side.

The time planned seems reasonable in my exexperien of Bangkok . Though of course any significant delay on BA will require a new TG ticket.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Feb 6, 2018 at 11:31 am
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:06 am

You can always buy a child seat for someone younger than 2 years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.