Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Hop

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / CX DM
Talking Lounge Hop

I have a flight from BKK-MUC with First Class. Can I do lounge hop? I'm currently TG*G, and what lounge do you recommend. Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There's just the one F lounge (plus spa). Other than that the biz lounges are mostly the same and not really worth hopping between IMO.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
beside TG F Lounge there are SQ and Eva Lounge as well as J Lounges of TG
but the F Lounge of TG is the best, the only where you get served and has a menu
of course you can hop but most people who have access to F Lounge, would stay there and refrain from hopping...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
The TG F lounge is by far the best. I wouldn't be leaving that! (except to 'hop' across to the spa )
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Depending on the length of stay I will hop from the TG F lounge to the SQ J lounge just to see how the other half lives and self-serve for a while. Normally after the spa treatment as I am outside the F lounge anyway. Said another way: chocolate Häagen-Dazs

If it was any more than a 2 minute walk though I would skip it.

SL
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:39 am

Say we are on j class Thai airways transiting in Bkk. No status. Are we able to use the kris lounge or Eva j lounge?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by sqzulu
Say we are on j class Thai airways transiting in Bkk. No status. Are we able to use the kris lounge or Eva j lounge?
Yes! Your star alliance business class boarding pass will get you entry to any star alliance business class lounge. No status required.

I would suggest the SQ or BR lounges - depending on your timing in BKK and whether those lounges are open - are better than the TG offerings. I'd go for your spa treatment and then head off to the other lounges.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes! Your star alliance business class boarding pass will get you entry to any star alliance business class lounge. No status required.

I would suggest the SQ or BR lounges - depending on your timing in BKK and whether those lounges are open - are better than the TG offerings. I'd go for your spa treatment and then head off to the other lounges.
I did this just 2 weeks ago, avoiding the TG lounges completely. SQ first, then to BR - which I quite like.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I did this just 2 weeks ago, avoiding the TG lounges completely. SQ first, then to BR - which I quite like.
long walk though!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:09 pm
Suspended

SK lounge is open to 11:30 pm and after that, it's the BR lounge open to the morning. For early Intra-Asia flights, I'll go to the BR lounge but for afternoon Europe flights, I'll go to the SQ lounge.

This is when I'm travelling in J of course but when in F, I'll obviously go to the TG F lounge and Spa ^
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:18 pm

when traveling in TG J, you could as well combine SQ or EVA Lounge with the TG spa
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

Totally agree! Except for the smoking room in the F lounge and the Spa , Id visit the SQ and Eva lounges - the eva lounge is a long schlepp but worth the visit - due to the poor aircon at BKK you will be schwitzing after the 30 minute jog from TG F to EVA C and will need a shower - its very glitzy and IMHO food is much better than TG lounges (as also with the SQ lounge)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by cbourl
Totally agree! Except for the smoking room in the F lounge and the Spa , Id visit the SQ and Eva lounges - the eva lounge is a long schlepp but worth the visit - due to the poor aircon at BKK you will be schwitzing after the 30 minute jog from TG F to EVA C and will need a shower - its very glitzy and IMHO food is much better than TG lounges (as also with the SQ lounge)
smoking room in the F Lounge: J passenger without Status would not have access
I do not think there are any alternatives as I have not seen a smoking room in other Lounges...(I am just an occasional smoker and usually do not smoke in Airports)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
the smoking room in F lounge is one of the "incentives" that kept me trying to keep P status. but guess that may go in 1 year 7 months time... , P status that is....
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kapitan
the smoking room in F lounge is one of the "incentives" that kept me trying to keep P status. but guess that may go in 1 year 7 months time... , P status that is....
I've never tried it before, sounds like it's a very good feature of the F lounge, I'll try it on my ICN sector today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.