FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   TG678 BKK-CAN (Bangkok to Guangzhou) J Class Meal Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1837401-tg678-bkk-can-bangkok-guangzhou-j-class-meal-service.html)

rockysam382 Apr 18, 2017 1:21 am

TG678 BKK-CAN (Bangkok to Guangzhou) J Class Meal Service

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone here is able to shed light on the meal service on TG 678 from Bangkok to Guangzhou in J.

Does it all come on one tray (like SIN-BKK/KUL-BKK) or is it served course by course?

Any advice would be helpful!

flyertalker28265 Apr 18, 2017 2:00 am

was on this sector around 7 months ago, was still on the tray, pretty sure it hasn't changed yet.

rockysam382 Apr 18, 2017 2:03 am

Interesting. However I would think the appetizer/dessert/fruit courses are served separately from the main course (albeit whilst still being on the tray) right?

flyertalker28265 Apr 18, 2017 2:10 am

those would be served on the tray but separate from the main course.

don't take my word for it but I'm pretty sure they roll the new service out on the popular routes like LHR and NRT.

rockysam382 Apr 18, 2017 2:14 am

I see. Thanks for your assistance anyway. Am flying TG 678 on 30 April. Will try and report back with what I have man.

BinSabai Apr 18, 2017 4:10 am

Originally Posted by BennyW (Post 28194395)
those would be served on the tray but separate from the main course.

don't take my word for it but I'm pretty sure they roll the new service out on the popular routes like LHR and NRT.

as shorter the flight, as more is served on one single tray.
on flights up to 2 hours (for example Singapore), starter, main and dessert are all on one tray
on longer flights, 3 hours and more, tray comes with starter, later main dish and dessert are served, for longer flights even a separate cheese dish

rockysam382 Apr 18, 2017 4:38 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 28194670)
as shorter the flight, as more is served on one single tray.
on flights up to 2 hours (for example Singapore), starter, main and dessert are all on one tray
on longer flights, 3 hours and more, tray comes with starter, later main dish and dessert are served, for longer flights even a separate cheese dish

Good to know. However I see BKK-HKG flights getting this treatment even though it's under 3 hours. Would the same apply to the BKK-CAN flights too?

BinSabai Apr 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by rockysam382 (Post 28194747)
Good to know. However I see BKK-HKG flights getting this treatment even though it's under 3 hours. Would the same apply to the BKK-CAN flights too?

you can expect that as flight times are the same. I have not flown BKK CAN for quite some time

kapitan Apr 19, 2017 3:45 am

on my BKK PEK flight meal courses were served separately.

new amenity kit given....

BinSabai Apr 19, 2017 5:41 am

Originally Posted by kapitan (Post 28199360)
on my BKK PEK flight meal courses were served separately.

new amenity kit given....

that is a much longer flight
definitely no amenity kit on BKK CAN or HKG

sqzulu Apr 19, 2017 11:34 am

So not really worth it taking sin Bkk can via biz?

Thai-Kiwi Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Depends on what you are after. It is true that shorthaul business class is a cut down soft product compared to medium/long-haul. If you already hold Gold status, then not too much more in it over economy class other than more personal space and a slightly better presented meal.

BinSabai Apr 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by sqzulu (Post 28201106)

if you have better means to spend the money, do it!

flyertalker28265 Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by sqzulu (Post 28201106)

you can do SIN-CAN direct on SQ but if you're looking to for example get platinum status on TG, you will obviously be better off going through BKK. But if you are just looking for the most direct route, you're better off with SQ.

By the looks of it, SQ uses the A330 on this route so they don't offer their best products on this route either.

TG uses the A330 for BKK-CAN but you may be lucky on the SIN-BKK route and get something like the 77W or the A350 with lie-flat seats.

sqzulu Apr 23, 2017 4:59 am

Apparently the Can-bkk sector can reach 3.5 hours in the winter. Are these still tray services?