W/V now credits 25% to UA

Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ AA TK
W/V now credits 25% to UA

Was browsing UA Mileage Plus and stumbled upon this.

Seems V/W are eligible for credit at 25% effective 01 Apr 2017. Thought it might be useful information for people who, like me occasionally fly TG discounted Y for short haul. A few hundred miles here and there might help if you're just a little short of an award with mileage plus.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
It was already posted in the UA forum TG accrual has been altered when credited to UA.

It would seem to have more relevance to the UA forum than to here.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
unfortunately no new reciprocal beneficial adjustment for ROP members
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Let us hope other *A FFP follow suit.

TG W/V fares haven't earned miles/points for years (the only exception I can recall is LH M&M for TG W/V dom. fares) and the only decent/reasonable TG fares are in W/V
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Let us hope other *A FFP follow suit.

TG W/V fares haven't earned miles/points for years (the only exception I can recall is LH M&M for TG W/V dom. fares) and the only decent/reasonable TG fares are in W/V
That's different for TG in Germany:
they are offering attractive fares not only in V and W but in Q as well and also offering K and T from time to time, which also grant 50% mileage accrual on other FQTRV programs (75% for ROP members).
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
seems like a good development for infrequent TG flyer like myself.
Have a booking LHR_BKK_AKL, a RT in Y should earn 6K United Miles.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by c001lh202
seems like a good development for infrequent TG flyer like myself.
Have a booking LHR_BKK_AKL, a RT in Y should earn 6K United Miles.
Just be aware that W/V bookings also have other 'limitations' such as being restricted to seats in the rear of the aircraft - although the whole Y cabin is available during OLCI.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
such as being restricted to seats in the rear of the aircraft - although the whole Y cabin is available during OLCI.
Are you sure of the latter? Yes, maybe if you have *A Gold status, but as I recall it from my TG dom flights in W class, the seats in the front of the Y cabin didn't become available during OLCI. Only in the rear part of the cabin. You would have to ask at check-in desk for seat in the front.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Are you sure of the latter? Yes, maybe if you have *A Gold status, but as I recall it from my TG dom flights in W class, the seats in the front of the Y cabin didn't become available during OLCI. Only in the rear part of the cabin. You would have to ask at check-in desk for seat in the front.
Yes, for international at least. Just did OLCI for 3 thai friends with no status for ICN-BKK on a V fare, and was able to see a few (single) seats available in the forward cabin. They elected to stay together down the back.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Just be aware that W/V bookings also have other 'limitations' such as being restricted to seats in the rear of the aircraft - although the whole Y cabin is available during OLCI.
I am not sure about this but on BKK_LHR route I have managed to grab, IIRC seat 60D, which has no seat at the front (empty space due to no 59D seat at front).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.