Search

Fuel Surcharge will come back again

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G , PR Classic
Fuel Surcharge will come back again

Hi All just sharing
i just call to TG reservation in Bangkok yesterday (Mar 13) about Award Ticket and agent told me fuel surcharged will collect again effective this April 10 2017 and will effective both Award Ticket and Revenue(Normal) Ticket how about another country.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:34 am
Suspended

nooo, now back to the old days with taxes and fees being over 20k
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Seriously...SQ have just removed theirs! Now TG go and do this!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
TG is refraining from the plan to re-introduce fuel surcharges for the time being
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I would be happy if the last update today could be confirmed.

I was about to book award flights on TG metal before 10 April in order to avoid YQ for the TG flights, but if YQ is not re-introduced on/after this date I'm not in a hurry.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:35 pm

I just did a simple search for some TG flights and did not see any YQ attached to them.
I guess TG decided not to reintroduce YQ at the end.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:03 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sorry I did not notice this post when I updated my other post. it seems TG has delayed this reinstatement to May 1.

Moderator, if you could please combine the 2 posts, it would help.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TG raised YQ surcharges over night?

Yesterday I made a dummy booking on ANA CPH-BKK-TPE r/t on TG in I class. I'm quite sure that taxes, YQ etc came out approx EUR 115. I checked with ITA Matrix and got confirmation of the amounts.

Today, when I make the same booking on ANA and ITA Matrix the YQ, taxes etc come out approx 220 Did I just miss to ticket my reservation before an YQ increase by TG?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yesterday I made a dummy booking on ANA CPH-BKK-TPE r/t on TG in I class. I'm quite sure that taxes, YQ etc came out approx EUR 115. I checked with ITA Matrix and got confirmation of the amounts.

Today, when I make the same booking on ANA and ITA Matrix the YQ, taxes etc come out approx 220 Did I just miss to ticket my reservation before an YQ increase by TG?
I just paid THB40,000 taxes and charges for four Business Class return award redemption seats to Paris, departing July, returning August.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I just paid THB40,000 taxes and charges for four Business Class return award redemption seats to Paris, departing July, returning August.
THB 10,000 per person is approx EUR 256 or NZD 430 - Ouch!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
THB 10,000 per person is approx EUR 256 or NZD 430 - Ouch!
yes indeed! back to old rip offs?
paid much less for a F ticket BKK CDG for march/april
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes indeed! back to old rip offs?
paid much less for a F ticket BKK CDG for march/april
Yes, as BinSabai says, back to the old rip offs!!!!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:27 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Taxes for BKK-CDG-BKK award ticket in business class was around 6,800 THB when I booked earlier this month, just called today to issue two tickets, and it is now around 9,600 THB each. I thought the new fuel surcharge was implemented before Dec 8 as total taxes was below 5,000 THB before earlier this year (may be I had the numbers mixed up). I asked the agent what has changed from 6,800 to 9,600, she said it is additional fuel surcharge effective Dec 8. Is this an increase from the previous fuel surcharge effective last month or it was delayed to Dec 8?
Update: on the e-ticket, it shows YQ surcharge for BKK-CDG-BKK is 5,100 THB (out of total 9,545). Poor and untimely communication to members as usual. Last e-news says $33 max per segment, obviously that’s not the case anymore for Europe.

Last edited by kiam; Dec 25, 2017 at 11:47 pm
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently TG increased fuel charges with as much as USD 45/segment for European flights in biz (and less for flights in Economy and for Asian flight) with immidiate effect on 7 or 8 Dec. Try google and you will find the various thai news agencies mentioning this. However, I could have sworn that my last check of taxes and fuel charges for the award that I was going to book on TG, was after on 7 Dec and only on 22 Dec when I had made the booking and wanted to ticket, these new increased fuel charges had been implemented - but I may be wrong. However, the fact is that the cash component is now more than double of what I paid for a very similiar award on TG in the spring (when fuel charges were zero).
Old Dec 25, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I really do not care about the details, from when was which partial increase effective, but as a matter of fact, we are back to the old rip offs. Who has already complained to TG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.