Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Compensation for delay - documents demanded from TG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More

Hello everyone,

My fiancee, an Indonesian citizen is about to receive compensation from TG for a flight delay. However she wants to transfer it to my Belgian bank account. No problem for TG, but they demand some documents. Following documents exactly:

"together with a copy of his passport and a copy of the front pag of his bank passbook, which shows his name, the bank name and details, together with the county of the bank"

All documents required seem normal but they also demand a photocopy of my 'bank passbook'! Do they live in the 21th century? Ok, I know that in some SE Asian countries these still exist, but in Belgium they don't exist anymore for 30+ years. Anyone experienced this before? And what should I do, just ask my bank for some generic form that proofs my id and address?

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Zolex
Hello everyone,

My fiancee, an Indonesian citizen is about to receive compensation from TG for a flight delay. However she wants to transfer it to my Belgian bank account. No problem for TG, but they demand some documents. Following documents exactly:

"together with a copy of his passport and a copy of the front pag of his bank passbook, which shows his name, the bank name and details, together with the county of the bank"

All documents required seem normal but they also demand a photocopy of my 'bank passbook'! Do they live in the 21th century? Ok, I know that in some SE Asian countries these still exist, but in Belgium they don't exist anymore for 30+ years. Anyone experienced this before? And what should I do, just ask my bank for some generic form that proofs my id and address?

Thanks
In Korea, I too have a bank passbook (not that I asked for it); and ATM machines have functionality to print updates into them.....

Anyway, to your question - yes, get a letter with the facts of the account signed and stamped by a bank official. I think that if you ask TG first, they will stick with their requirements. I'm surpised that THAI are not insisting that compensation is paid into your fiance's Indonesian account (if held) or by other means. It shows some flexibility on their part!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
hahaha, yes this is Thailand. I also have a bank passbook here for my local account, like I had as a child for my saving account back in my home country 50 years ago...
try first with a print out of your ebanking, should do...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Alright, I'll try a printout from my e-banking and explain that bank passbooks simply don't exist here anymore. If that doesn't work I'll contact my bank. I presume they want to verify my home address and have some ID of the bank account to avoid that I'm a "member of the Nigerian royal family", or some other scamming scheme.

Anyway, it's nice indeed that TG is willing to be flexible anf transfer it to my bank account.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:00 am

In Thailand, Japan, and other Asian countries virtually everyone has a bank passbook.

I agree, try with a simple printout of your bank account information, and explain that bank books have for quite some time not existed in your country.

If that does not work, get an official document from your bank and use that.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Just received a reply from Thai Airways and they have directed the Brussels office towards payment.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
It is common (compulsory?) in Thailad to request actual front page passbook copy of payee for bank transfer transaction, mainly to avoid any incorrect information on transfer slip.

For online / e-banking, I think copy of any page that contains full name, bank account and bank branch details should be sufficient.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
It is common (compulsory?) in Thailad to request actual front page passbook copy of payee for bank transfer transaction, mainly to avoid any incorrect information on transfer slip.

For online / e-banking, I think copy of any page that contains full name, bank account and bank branch details should be sufficient.
are you talking about an international transaction or within Thailand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.