Wiki Posts
Search

Brief TR CNX-BKK TG Y

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM
Brief TR CNX-BKK TG Y

I recently flew TG103 CNX-BKK in Y. Some folks discuss their TG F experience, so I thought I would discuss domestic Y. Seat assignment is at check-in. I was surprised that plane was a new B777-300 ER. Seating in Y was 9 across (3-3-3), compared to the 10 across some airlines are implementing. Seats quite comfortable, with big TV screen. No headsets though, but you can watch the flight map. Water bottle, hot chicken teriyaki sauce tortilla roll, and (non-alcoholic) drinks offered, on this 1 hour flight. I did have to walk past the 1-2-1 C seats though, which were mainly unoccupied. Only negative was, we arrived at a C gate, but were then bused to the domestic arrivals area. Perhaps the domestic gates can't handle a B777.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
of course can the domestic gates (A&B) handle wide body aircrafts; in the late evening from those gates also international flights start
it has to do with the aircraft rotation as this B777-300ER used for TG102/103 to and from Chiangmai is coming from an international flight (for example the nightflights from Europe) and after Arrival used for another international flight (for example day flight to Europe). That's why they park at a international gate and all the passengers have to leave by bus to domestic Arrival

on domestic flights, generally no alcohol is served and no Headsets is distributed, not even in C
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:08 am

sounds ok

i will do that segment too later this year.

3 3 3 in Y sounds fair
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by frobozzelectric
i will do that segment too later this year.

3 3 3 in Y sounds fair
Tg flies with different airplanes to CNX, I have even be on a 747 some time ago.
at the moment the TG102/103 in the morning is the only one with newest Equipment (A350 or 777-300ER) as it fits well into the schedule to use those aircrafts mainly on long haul routes. other older wide body aircrafts are the 777-200/300 and A330. about half of the flights are with Thai Smile's narrow body aircrafts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.